VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Guest

User metadata

hi , a little something I cranked up the other night when I had a few minutes to kill . for some reason glidos always makes me think of ice, or electronmicroscopes .

Attachments

• gildosa3.gif
    Filename
    gildosa3.gif
    File size
    1.33 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 3, by Freddo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Looks very cool! What kind of software did you use to make it? 😀 And how? 😁 It's really looks awesome 😀 But whoa! That file is HUGE! It wouldn't be friendly to use it on a site or anything at all.

Reply 2 of 3, by Guest

User metadata

yeah it's a big file but I knocked it out in a very short period of time and was simply too lazy to compress it properly (plus I am not all that knowledgeable about such things and think I could only reduce it to about 700k before image degradaton would take a huge toll ) .
two programs , paint shop pro ( 7) and micgrografx simply 3d (and old 2.0 version that I bought for $4 US)

I made the letters in micrografx ( the stills of the letters look very much like actual ice )and then applied a couple of texture layers ( mostly to the background ) to get the colors. Though I did use two blue and two red background stills to start with.

To get the phasing was simply a morph using JASC (PSP7) animation shop , though I tweaked it a bit to get the "heartbeat"

if someone feels like compressing it properly I would be curious to see how small they could get it before the quality suffer too much , other wise jsut enough a littel tweaker doodling 😀 😀