Common searches

TRx Texture Feedback

Topic actions

Reply 161 of 193, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just know I don't have the time before Christmas to get something worthwhile out 🙁 However, there will be something in the New Year.

Reply 164 of 193, by TRFan

User metadata

Both textures are great Gambit37.

Gambit37 & JC - I agree with some of the previous posts. The best way to go is when you finish a level to just release it to all the fans and we will give you a feedback. I also agree with Glidos that both, you and JC, are great artists and all the work you've done so far is just great (doesn't need enything else). So just concentrate on one level at a time so the project can move forward.

Reply 169 of 193, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I need to rant!

I'm re-working Lara and have been doing her gloves today. Core were really, really bad at how (un)careful they were with these textures in particular. The open back of the glove gets flipped and rotated on each hand and also when you change weapons. This makes it impossible to do a correct texture -- so, against my perfectionist nature, I've had to say "screw it, good enough".

Bum bum bum.

Happy Christmas everyone!

Reply 170 of 193, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hehe. Considering the low resolution of the Saturn / PSX / DOS versions, one can easily imagine the guys were applying textures by the kilometer without really checking whether the tiniest details looked right or not.

santaclaus.gif

Reply 171 of 193, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah, easy to get away with on what was basically nothing more than a pink circle on a black background. Still sloppy though -- even weirder, is that when you change to the Shotgun, the texture is completely replaced with just a black rectangle!

Reply 172 of 193, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Like the new compass? Took over two hours to do this, mainly through trial and error of stretching the corner pieces of the rim, because they actually don't line up on the original mesh properly if you just apply a circular texture as-is. Also, the mesh for the face isn't big enough to fill the gap in the shell, so unfortunately there are gaps around it. Pain in the ass!

Attachments

• trxcompass.jpg
    Filename
    trxcompass.jpg
    File size
    24.95 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 175 of 193, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here's a hi-res shot of my reworked mosaic pool in Vilcabamba.

Attachments

• Filename
    vilcabamba4.jpg
    File size
    399.99 KiB
    Downloads
    664 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception