Common searches

TRx Texture Feedback

Topic actions

Reply 143 of 193, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Man, I love that stuff... The decaying underwater passage looks fab, though I find the lighting direction on the broken tiles a bit weird -- like if it was actually inverted, making them look like they're patched over the floor instead of being inside it... if you see what I mean 😵

If you compare with the lighting on Lara's mesh, I think highlights on the tiles should be on the right and shadows on the left, since light seems to be casted from left to right... but maybe the light direction is not consistent and there's not much that can be done about the texture?

Reply 145 of 193, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kaminari wrote:

but maybe the light direction is not consistent and there's not much that can be done about the texture?

Exactly -- you just have to choose a light source and go with it regardless of how Core aligned the tiles. In most cases it's OK, but often things end up rotated or upside down -- nothing I can do about that.

It would be nice to have true bump and normal mapping but I think that's a little beyond the scope of Glidos.... 🤣

Heh, you wouldn't believe how many different techniques I tried to get an effective looking mosaic. I still don't think I really achieved it but it's probably convincing enough.

Reply 147 of 193, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Totally unrelated, but I just have to scream: AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGHH

I just deleted 100 spam emails from the TRX guestbook and blacklisted 80 or so IP addresses. These f*cking people! GRRRRRRR *shakes fist*

Reply 148 of 193, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hey, I've released v1.32 of Glidos, with the mapping file support you requested. So might be an idea for you to grab a copy to make sure I haven't messed up anything since the prelease I gave you.

Reply 150 of 193, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just in case any of you missed a brief comment on one of the other threads, I'm still working on the project, it's not forgotten.

There won't be any new releases for some time, but the next release will be *all* the peru levels in Beta form (probably minus all sprites and enemies). It may or may not include new Lara, I'm still having trouble getting some parts looking right.

There will be some new screenshots in a couple of weeks.

Reply 153 of 193, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Heh, I just discovered something cool I never knew before. Lara has extra 'bloody' textures that are displayed if she's chewed up by the T-Rex!

I could make some quite gruesome replacements for these.... 😉

I'm currently re-texturing the T-Rex and it's a blast. he's looking really good if I say so myself... 🤣

Reply 154 of 193, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've managed to source exact copies of nearly all the Egypt stuff. It looks like a lot of it was taken from real sources, although one or two I've been unable to identify.

There's a lintel in a few places with what looks like a golden eagle on it holding some kind of gold bar. I can't find any reference to this in the many egyptian books I've researched. Has anyone else come across it?

BTW, this is one reason why this is taking so long -- I'm spending most of my TRX free time on sourcing the replacements at the moment. This includes recent trips to the British Museum.

Reply 155 of 193, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Also, has anyone managed to identify the carved face with the big open mouth that you fall through in Tomb of Tihocan? I thought it was Poseidon/Neptune, and although I found a few things quite close, I've as yet to find an exact match.

Reply 156 of 193, by noname

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Gambit37 wrote:

Also, has anyone managed to identify the carved face with the big open mouth that you fall through in Tomb of Tihocan? I thought it was Poseidon/Neptune, and although I found a few things quite close, I've as yet to find an exact match.

It might just be something Core drew up themselves.

Reply 157 of 193, by Antonijadis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think that is not the Poseidon or Neptune, and I'm pretty sure that that face exist somewhere in real carving. One more thing: where are these screenshots that you promise long time ago?

Reply 158 of 193, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's definitely a real carving, not a hand-drawn picture. I will keep looking.

I've simply had no time to prepare any new work. I rebuilt the website but decided not to put it online yet. Other than that, I have had no free time to work on this.

Reply 159 of 193, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I posted some screenshots on a test space.

Nothing that new, but I have revised my base cave textures (rocky floor & bricks) which are used throughout the peru levels. They look rougher and less uniform now. There's also a partially redone t-rex in there too.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/matt_hill/trx/