VOGONS

Common searches

blood on glidos

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 41 of 196, by Col.J.P.

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I did it before, I found a lot of stuff that does´nt work...
Like the Ken´s NOLFB VESA fix...
DOS Games just don´t work with me...

Forget it
🙁

Thanx a lot anyway!

P.S- About Quake II Max, anyone ever heard of a strange "function pointers have moved" error, while loading saved games?

Last edited by Col.J.P. on 2002-11-04, 20:04. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 43 of 196, by LSD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Col.J.P. wrote:

P.S- About Quake II Max, anyone ever heard of a strange "function pointers have moved" error, while loading saved games?

Actually, I think I have... I think I saw someone with that problem at NTCompatible. Don't know how to fix it though, sorry.

Wasurenaide...
...watashi ga iru koto o.
Itsudatte soba ni iru yo.

Gentoo. Because everything else is just shit. 😁
Registered Linux user #319839

Reply 54 of 196, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Glidos wrote:

I live in the UK, where because of a company called British Telecom, ...

Ah... good old B.T., still remember those long distance calls home. Once cost me about $73 for a half-hour call. OW. Plus I got the added bonus of actually hearing BT's (semi-mechanical) relays clicking every thirty seconds while I was trying to talk with my family.

I take it Mercury telephone service never really caught on?

Reply 55 of 196, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No Mercury didn't catch on. Although there are various ways to make your call go off via other companies lines. I use one of these, not sure whether it is cheaper, but it minimises the amount of my phone charges that actually goto BT.

BT are good at advertising. They give the impression of being a real company with technology, and people believe it. They are advertising broadband now. Not sure why; they won't let you have it unless you happen to live in one of the flats built over the top of their exchanges.

Oh yes, and they do make a profit. That's one thing they can do.

Reply 57 of 196, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Col.J.P. wrote:
Wow...this topic is already at BT:D […]
Show full quote

Wow...this topic is already at BT:D

Who going offtopic now?

lOl:sly:

Paul, get ADLS over your phone line.
It works fine.

LMAO! Getting DSL over here as been a pain in the arse! Been trying for 2 1/2 years and mabye just MABYE we'll actually finally get it. We've been petitioning and it seems to be working...stupid BT.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 58 of 196, by Col.J.P.

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Glidos wrote:

No Mercury didn't catch on. Although there are various ways to make your call go off via other companies lines. I use one of these, not sure whether it is cheaper, but it minimises the amount of my phone charges that actually goto BT.

BT are good at advertising. They give the impression of being a real company with technology, and people believe it. They are advertising broadband now. Not sure why; they won't let you have it unless you happen to live in one of the flats built over the top of their exchanges.

Oh yes, and they do make a profit. That's one thing they can do.

Just like Microsoft, heh?

Don´t you have cable in the UK?