Topic actions

First post, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi Paul and everyone,

I've just registered Glidos and it was money well spent 😀

Tomb Raider has never looked so beautiful. I've been a long time TR fan on PSX, but the Glide version looks as a completely new game on my GF2 Ti 😁

Aside from the small pain of configuring VDM and making all the buttons of my pad recognized by TR (via an excellent Japanese tool called JoyToKey), everything now works like a heavenly charm... except for two rather minor glitches.

The first one is that Lara casts no shadow at all. I miss the fake but cool depth effect of this sprite shadow.

The second problem has to do with some wall textures which sometimes don't join correctly (depending of the vision angle), like if there was a kind of vertical gap line between them. I don't know if the problem is more related to Glidos or OpenGlide, though. Look at this snapshot.

My system is Win2k + SP3, Detonator 40.72, Glidos 1.19. I've tried the included OpenGlide 0.07b3 with the default ini file, as well as the latest 0.08 alpha with my customized ini (see below), but the results are the same -- no matter what the resolution.

[Options]
EnableMMX=1
CreateWindow=0
InitFullScreen=1
EnableMipMaps=1
IgnorePaletteChange=0
EnableFog=1
EnablePrecisionFix=1
EnableWrap565=0
EnableMultiTextureEXT=1
EnablePaletteEXT=1
EnablePackedPixelsEXT=0
EnableVertexArrayEXT=0
EnableSecondaryColorEXT=1
EnableFogCoordEXT=1
PalettePrecision=16
TextureMemorySize=16
WrapperPriority=2
FrameBufferMemorySize=8

Thanks for any help and keep up the good work!

Regards,
Patrice

Last edited by Kaminari on 2002-12-06, 03:07. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 7, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ah good, one I know how to fix. To get the shadow back all you need to do is delete the file SETTINGS.DAT. Actually, just to be safe make a copy of it first, but TR should regenerate it next time you run it, and the shadow will be back.

The little gaps between textures is, I think, the games fault. Certainly some games running under Glidos have this problem some don't.

Hope that helps.

Reply 2 of 7, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks Paul, that did it!

The shadow's back (not so fake after all -- and much useful at that)! As for the vertical lines, I too was thinking about that possibility. It's not a big deal, it's rarely noticeable and hardly distracting in the course of the game.

Now I'm a happy Raider 😁