VOGONS

Quake2 + Acebot for DOSBox (128mb)

Topic actions

Reply 540 of 862, by __ggorts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sure, I'll build the glide3x for cvg in a moment. It may take 5 minutes.

Reply 541 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here is the Voodoo 5 lib you gave me previously. you may be able to link with that as well for me to test

Reply 542 of 862, by __ggorts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think it worked with the glide3 demos, so it should be a reasonable test. I'm almost done with cvg.

Reply 543 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Okay, cool. I was able to apply your patches and make my own binary that works in dosbox still so we're on the same codebase i put it in a separate branch

Reply 544 of 862, by __ggorts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Headers and libraries for glide3/cvg. However, only glide lib has strings for "voodoo 2". Perhaps mesa3d requires an additional definition line, but it's worth attempting to try the attached.

I'll wait before replacing files with V5 lib. It may require headers which I don't have for sure, but I can check another archive to verify.

Reply 545 of 862, by __ggorts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That's great that your branch is setup!

Reply 546 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It works on a voodoo 5 for real!!! It's fast too! I get about 50-60 fps on average with dlights and all!

Reply 547 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just replaced the glide3x.lib with the one you gave me before, i didn't redo mesa libs at all

Reply 548 of 862, by __ggorts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That's incredible! I guess mesa3d relies on the glide lib to do its thing. 😀

Reply 549 of 862, by __ggorts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The v5 lib could be rebuilt for x86=1, if it wasn't. I wish I had a voodoo card to see the result.

Reply 550 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Oh my god. It's like playing it in windows. It's insane.

The only complaint with any of it is that vsync seems to be stuck ON. Setting gl_swapinterval=0 makes no difference.

Reply 551 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If you can make the voodoo 5 diff patch again I'll apply that and try the x86 stuff

Reply 552 of 862, by __ggorts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ok, I'll retrieve the patch now. I think you already have the v5 glide3 source?

Reply 553 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yup. I'm trying to do some small changes to make a few different make files and then I'll post the voodoo 5 file shortly for others to check out. I want to make sure curl and gamespy still work

Reply 554 of 862, by __ggorts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think the attached is the correct patch. But please verify that the pointer recasts look ok. The asm change should be fine and the patch is for djgpp205 I believe. I didn't yet ensure x86 is active or the swapinterval issue.

Reply 555 of 862, by __ggorts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think the attached glide3 lib for v5 is already updated. I may have rebuilt it a while ago, but we can research the swapinterval issue (I think I recall something in a readme in mesa, but not sure). However, I have to verify whether x86 was used, although I think it wasn't.

Edit: trying x86, but there are also mmx/sse versions to try. 😀

Reply 556 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Is the final one a V5 with x86 ASM?

Reply 557 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here is my first go at Voodoo 5, with the original code. Vid gamma doesn't work either afaict. You'll have to use gl_modulate. A value of 2.5-3.0 seems ok on CRT monitors (which if you're using voodoos in real life it better be on a real CRT!)

I also forgot to mention that you don't need updated gamex86.dxe's I found out. You can use the latest ones available from the q2dos site and play it all OK.

Last edited by Maraakate on 2015-08-18, 06:15. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 558 of 862, by __ggorts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That's great! Fast, too. I didn't yet build x86 for v5, but still trying (it's a nasm issue probably versions in detecting header file). The mesa should be ok as-is.

Reply 559 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm going to try and link the CVG one and test that out as well in my voodoo 2 pc.