VOGONS

Ancient DOS Games Webshow

Topic actions

Reply 200 of 3355, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ancient DOS Games Episode 37 - Major Stryker is online!

Not too much to say about this one that I didn't cover in the video itself, though I do want to note that the next episode, Episode 38, might be a little late. I'm gonna be away from my computer all of Thursday and almost all of Friday, which are my crunch days when I actually get the bulk of the ADG work done. I won't be able to render until very late Friday, so it could be a few hours past midnight before Episode 38 goes online.

I am definitely looking to get an RSS feed going, as it's the most requested thing I've been asked for. I'm hoping to have one going by the time Episode 39 comes out. There is already an RSS feed provided by Blip.tv for the ADG series itself, but I prefer to have one for my website as a whole so that when I come out with new features or games, everyone will know. ;)

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 201 of 3355, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Gemini000: Not to go totally overboard, but Sango Fighter was also released on the Super A'Can and then later on was illegally ported to The Sega Master System. Also, I actually think you should become a member of The ASSEMbler board, cause you need to learn some more 😀 even though it sounds like I am trying to "steal" you away from here. Then I am not, but seriously you should check out ASSEMbler home of the obscure out, it is some times a wild bunch. But other times they are also the most polite and friendly people too, and then you can meet Yakumo too, who has made Retro Core. Anyway check that forum out, and please introduce yourself in a designated thread that there are 😀 anyway I will be back and say what I think about the episode 😀

Last edited by WolverineDK on 2011-03-12, 15:39. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 203 of 3355, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
wd wrote:

That's the board where you called Qbix a wanker? Yes that's a nice one, gotta love that.

And ? well I called him that, after an argument I have had with him, which should be known by now, and the last time I checked. There Him and I were cool with each other, after I talked to him in private . So if you have anything to say other than the usual bullshit. Then leave it at that. But let me be perfectly clear why I called Qbix a wanker, was because he did not have the balls to ban ADDiCT, but instead deleted a whole thread, where ADDiCT went on to his old antics. And royally fucked a thread, but that was not the first thread ADDiCT had ruined, just the latest.

Reply 205 of 3355, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
wd wrote:

That seems to support my opinion 😉

Okay. Still your sarcasm makes no sense, since I have always been honest, which means I write what I mean, and mean what I write.

Gemini000: A great episode I must add, and well there is nothing but a big smile about that 😀

Reply 206 of 3355, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What the hell is wrong with you WD? Geez...
Assembler is fun forum, I recommend it too.

I used to own Sango Fighter on floppy disks, I had a lot of fun with that game. There was also an arcade style space shooter game on those disks, something along the lines of "Tiger Wings" ? Great memories playing those two 😀

Reply 207 of 3355, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

To any one else, who thought I hated this forum. I do not hate this forum, I actually like it a LOT, and the reason is simple, I have learned a lot just by reading posts, and that is totally positive.

Reply 208 of 3355, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

What the hell is wrong with you WD? Geez...

You think something is wrong?

To any one else, who thought I hated this forum.

Nobody said that, and don't think you ever expressed that.

But yeah nice that you hijacked this otherwise interesting thread.
We've made up 8 unrelated threads by now!

Reply 209 of 3355, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You people can be crazy sometimes. XD

But yes, Ancient DOS Games Episode 38 - Sango Fighter is finally online... a few hours late, but oh well.

I've been pretty sick the past few days, and I had some personal matters to attend to Thursday and Friday that were keeping me from doing any work, so I was rushing to get this episode done. Still, I think it turned out OK. Hopefully I get my voice completely back in time for the next episode, otherwise don't be surprised if I sound like I'm dying. ;D

I'm not though, it's just taking longer than expected to recover from whatever it was I got. :P

Suffice to say, it might take just a little longer to get the RSS stuff going. Episode 40 at the latest for sure!

BTW: Anything in particular anyone want to see for the next filler video following Episode 40?

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)

Reply 210 of 3355, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ancient DOS Games Episode 39 - Donald Duck's Playground is online!

I still sound a little sick in this episode but I am doing much better than last week at least. (Last week I managed to get the voiceover done BEFORE I got really sick.)

One big thing though is that I finally have an RSS feed going on my website. It can be accessed from any page on the website and even your browser should clue in now that it's there. The feed's kinda empty at the moment, but give it a few weeks and that should change. ;)

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)

Reply 211 of 3355, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Gemini000: I was about to ask you, if you had a masochistic feeling today, cause I was about to nominate this game as the "shite of the month", until I saw the "playground", and I got a flashback to my childhood in Copenhagen , in the area Vesterbro . And it dawned upon me, back then the playgrounds were "awesome" which means they were fucking dangerous. But awesome to us kids, since every body knew, we should be careful, but now a days the childminders has made all the playgrounds Pedagogical correct (translation fucking boring and not fun for the kids, so it is no wonder why the playgrounds are rare now a days). So even though, it is a "crappy" game. Then I thank you from the bottom of my heart, for giving me a great flashback to my IMO awesome childhood in Vesterbro Copenhagen 😀

Reply 212 of 3355, by Calvero

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

"Donald Duck's Playground PC was OFFICIALLY released on a booter, version 1.0Q, combined with AGI v2.001! The 1.0A and the 1.0C version floating around are "hacked" copies. 1.0A is an Atari ST version, combined with an 2.272 PC interpreter and has no sound & menu. 1.0C is an Amiga version, which uses the same interpreter as 1.0A and pushing ESC (to access the menu) results in "Bad action 161"."
source

Reply 213 of 3355, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
WolverineDK wrote:

Gemini000: I was about to ask you, if you had a masochistic feeling today, cause I was about to nominate this game as the "shite of the month", until I saw the "playground", and I got a flashback to my childhood in Copenhagen , in the area Vesterbro . And it dawned upon me, back then the playgrounds were "awesome" which means they were fucking dangerous. But awesome to us kids, since every body knew, we should be careful, but now a days the childminders has made all the playgrounds Pedagogical correct (translation fucking boring and not fun for the kids, so it is no wonder why the playgrounds are rare now a days). So even though, it is a "crappy" game. Then I thank you from the bottom of my heart, for giving me a great flashback to my IMO awesome childhood in Vesterbro Copenhagen :)

Or to summarize what you just said: "They don't make playgrounds like they used to." ;)

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)

Reply 214 of 3355, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Gemini000: He who controls Tiberium controls the world, thanks for that Dune II reference(who ever who controls Dune controls the spice). Also you forgot the (almost) hidden Dune II reference in the C&C manual, the Nod buggy is not called a Nod buggy. It is called a Dune buggy, or at least it was called that in the manual I read back in the day for C&C Tiberian Dawn (which is the full title of this particular game). And well Westwood studios did make Dune II so, I am not really surprised about the reference to Dune II in the manual. So pretty damn good episode 😀 Also I think people should give Dune II a go. Cause even though it was not the first RTS (it was one of the first anyway) then Dune II is the epitomised grandfather of all modern RTS games, whether some people like it or not.

Reply 217 of 3355, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Before anyone gets too far off-track, Ancient DOS Games Episode 40 - Command & Conquer is online!

Nothing much to say ahead of time other than that I suck at strategy games (except the ones made by Bullfrog which I'm awesome at) which is why it's taken me so long to get to one. :P

WolverineDK wrote:

Gemini000: He who controls Tiberium controls the world, thanks for that Dune II reference(who ever who controls Dune controls the spice). Also you forgot the (almost) hidden Dune II reference in the C&C manual, the Nod buggy is not called a Nod buggy. It is called a Dune buggy, or at least it was called that in the manual I read back in the day for C&C Tiberian Dawn (which is the full title of this particular game). And well Westwood studios did make Dune II so, I am not really surprised about the reference to Dune II in the manual. So pretty damn good episode :) Also I think people should give Dune II a go. Cause even though it was not the first RTS (it was one of the first anyway) then Dune II is the epitomised grandfather of all modern RTS games, whether some people like it or not.

I wanted to do Dune II first, but I don't own it, whereas I've had C&C for ages. *shrugs*

Also, the "Tiberian Dawn" sub-title wasn't actually introduced until later, sort of like how Star Wars wasn't originally sub-titled Episode IV: A New Hope.

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)

Reply 219 of 3355, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Gemini000: Okay, but I liked your episode. And also I must point out, since you do not review "abandonware" games. Then you can play the remakes of Dune II. Since there are remakes of the particular game. So you can basically make a review of one of the remakes, and explain to people why you are reviewing the remake instead of the real Dune II.

wd: I was just about to give you hell, like last time. But I see you are correct in your reference, but when they made the manual I read (so long ago) it was actually more of a reference to the Dune II game of all things. Even though I know a Sand buggy/Dune Buggy is something that was created in the real world before. It became a game reference in the manual of C&C.