VOGONS

First post, by doomer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Originally announced only for Xbox 360, the new Alone in the Dark game is coming to the PC as well. Being a big AITD fan, I was extremely excited to hear this. 😁

According to developer Eden Games, this next-generation Alone in the Dark promises to deliver a "heart-stopping survival experience" that will be enhanced by "state-of-the-art real-time physics and advanced environmental interaction" in a "highly-detailed, open" gameplay setting.

More info here:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/701/701376p1.html

Reply 2 of 15, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I hope it will be FAR BETTER than AITD 4 (which was utter crap).

Right now, I am playing Call of Cthulhu : Dark Corners of the Earth and it rocks, by the way...

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 3 of 15, by doomer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

At least it will be more interesting than the boring Oblivion.. and longer as well. And I don't know but you seem to dislike the father of the survival horror genre. Well, I tried anyway. These puzzle-less rpgs are so boring, by the way.

Reply 4 of 15, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

How can another lame sequel to AITD be the "father of the survival horror genre"?

My "bleh" was for this game any any AITD game after 1/2. I think my "bleh" fits the sequels to AITD 1/2 very well.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 5 of 15, by doomer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, to make it more clearly as you seem to have misunderstood, I was talking about the AITD franchise. About the first three AITD games. I don't know why people ignore all aitd games but they never forget to mention how crappy the fourth aitd was (and it is not). This will continue to amaze me throughout time. And the fifth part may prove to rekindle once again the spirit of AITD. But people like to bash, trash, and the like. I just don't understand this.

And I disagree, the best AITD so far for me is AITD3, so I cannot ignore aitd games after "1/2." The demo of aitdtnn was not bad either. And the screenshots of aitd5 seem interesting, to say the least.

Reply 6 of 15, by Darkknight2280

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That crappy ass movie they made of AITD sure as hell didnt help. Christian Slater and Terra Reed??? WTF??? 🤣 Slater was good back in the day but now he is just crap and Tara Reed well she is a just a drunken skank, who was only hot in the 1st American Pie movie. Now her voice sounds as if she gargles with sand paper and she has bags under her eyes bigger then Vince Vaughns..🤣 Although the original AITD was SOOO goood!! I need to find that game.

GB Money

Reply 8 of 15, by doomer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Darkknight2280 wrote:

That crappy ass movie they made of AITD sure as hell didnt help. Christian Slater and Terra Reed??? WTF??? 🤣 Slater was good back in the day but now he is just crap and Tara Reed well she is a just a drunken skank, who was only hot in the 1st American Pie movie. Now her voice sounds as if she gargles with sand paper and she has bags under her eyes bigger then Vince Vaughns..🤣 Although the original AITD was SOOO goood!! I need to find that game.

What did you expect? It was directed by Uwe Boll and his movies have steadily occupied the imdb bottom top 100. I think they should stop him from turning more and more good games into the crappiest movies ever.
Forget the movie and enjoy the games.

ChaosFish wrote:

The first Alone In The Dark was made by Frederick Raynal and it was original, all the ones after were just riding its success...

I know. I enjoyed the first part a lot and it spawned the beloved genre. The one thing I dislike in aitd1 is that there were some absolutely insane puzzles and it was somewhat difficult to control. That's why I like aitd3 the most even if Frederick Raynal didn't take part in its creation. I respect him tremendously and he proved what he's worth with the lba games. I desperately hope that we can see an lba3 game but for now we should wait.

Reply 9 of 15, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I hope Uwe Boll keeps on making crappy video game movies. He may provide an incentive for people like Peter Jackson to create excellent video game movies. 😀

Thanks Uwe! Keep on doing your thing!

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 10 of 15, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DosFreak wrote:

I hope Uwe Boll keeps on making crappy video game movies. He may provide an incentive for people like Peter Jackson to create excellent video game movies. 😀

Thanks Uwe! Keep on doing your thing!

No matter how shitty the Halo movie is fans will eat it up. Hey they do it with the games, so why not....

Reply 12 of 15, by Darkknight2280

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

HALO may be good. Depens on who they cast as Master chief. I think THE ROCK would be good. I think he is the next Arnold!!! But a better actor (not much better) but good enough to be intresting.

GB Money

Reply 13 of 15, by SysGOD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i saw a short trailer of the new AITD game on the games convention this year. nothing special, but it looks like it has some new innovative gameplay and a good sound/graphic engine. if nothing goes wrong, i think this game has a chance to set a new standard in the survival horror gernre.

btw, the AIDT movie was really crap. the first mistake was making a thriller of an horror game and set the "story" in the 21th century. the second was, casting the wong actors for the wrong film (Christian Slater and Terra Reed?!). the third, a nonsense story with bad special effects and laughable monsters...

on the other side, i really enjoyed game-movies like resident evil 1/2 and AvP, even the doom movie was better than that.
in my opinion uwe boll has no plan and ruines the whole thing! 😠

Reply 15 of 15, by Darkknight2280

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OMG...Since we have been bashing Uwe Boll all week.. I found this clip of him fighting 4 of his biggest critics in a actual boxing match. 🤣 Below is the link via www.cinescape.com

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_ … 38&obj_id=52359

GB Money