VOGONS

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

Nothing that amazing in it except for the voice of someone fallout fans may remember at the end of the trailer.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 1 of 16, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

1UP thoughts on the trailer:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160085

Shawn Elliott: Good God, this looks good. Voice what you will about Bethesda not having the knack for ink-black humor it needs to hammer out a true-to-the-series sequel, but think it through first. In my mind, Oblivion more than proved the developer's ability there, what with Cyrodiil's neurotic citizens. Remember Mr. They're-watching-me-and-I-know-it? Or the pair of schemers who wanted the same loot, and who wise adventurers played one against the other? I want to think that Bethesda has what it takes, only the developer's humor isn't bopping you in the face. And again, how often has that happened in gameland? Maybe it's because I read comic books, but changed up creative teams aren't always alarming. In fact, if Bethesda decides to take a radically different direction with Fallout 3, I'd rather that than a dull remake.

WTF? I hope Fallout 3 doesn't have NPC's and plots as lifeless as oblivions.

Reply 5 of 16, by njaydg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If you played the previous Fallout games, you should know... 😀

But if that's not the case, then check out the link :

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000579/

The voice you hear is Ron Perlman, the actor who participated as the narrator in Fallout 1, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics : Brotherhood of Steel.

Let's just pray that Bethesda doesn't screw up this one. But at least we know that money won't be a problem 😉 Hopefully they have a talented team.

Reply 6 of 16, by DOS_Boy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I know this is too much to ask, but does anyone know tha name of that song of the trailer? I really enjoyed that.. "I don't want to set the world on fire..." 😁

"But listen to me brother, you just keep on walking, 'cause you and me and sister ain't got nothing to hide..." - Scatman John

Reply 7 of 16, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

GI scans of the the Fallout 3 article in the latest mag:
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.ph … er=asc&start=60

Check out the orc. Oblivion with guns! Yippi!

Last edited by DosFreak on 2007-06-17, 14:18. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 8 of 16, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
DOS_Boy wrote:

I know this is too much to ask, but does anyone know tha name of that song of the trailer? I really enjoyed that.. "I don't want to set the world on fire..." 😁

I think it's performed by the INK SPOTS too, but I am not sure.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 9 of 16, by DOS_Boy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you sooooooooooo much el_pusher! It is really ink spot who performs this song. Ink Spot - I Don't Want to Set the World. 😁

"But listen to me brother, you just keep on walking, 'cause you and me and sister ain't got nothing to hide..." - Scatman John

Reply 10 of 16, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Fallout 3 Q&A
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37366

The first time a group of giant Rad Insects jump out at you and start chasing you, you'll begin to feel what I'm talking about (if not before that). If you don't think a franchise can stand a technical transition into first person and retain the qualities of the original, you clearly haven't played Metroid Prime.

WTF does Metroid Prime have to do with Fallout?

It was a 2D sidescrolling action gameturned into 3D FPS action game.

Reply 11 of 16, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Spotted this Fallout 3 Preview:
http://pcgames.gwn.com/previews/gamepreview.p … /Fallout_3.html

This caught my eye:

After wandering around in the wasteland for a little we finally saw our first enemy, a giant ant. Using the simple strategy of backing up and firing away while the ant gave chase, the ant was brought down in about four or five shots.

Awesome. The Oblivion running backwards while firing is still in. Yep, definetly not Oblivion with Guns here.....

Reply 13 of 16, by ChaosFish

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Fallout 2 is one of my top favorite games ever.

Oblivion is the perfect example of how the whole concept of RPG can go horribly, horribly wrong.

Anyway, I'm planning on forming my own opinion on Fallout 3 once it's released. The trailer is damn good, very fallout2-intro-ish. (and it's in-game graphics!)

Reply 14 of 16, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

My worst fear is that Fallout 1/2 purists are saying Fallout 3 is just going to be "Oblivion with guns". I hope there is something else.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 15 of 16, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm just waiting. Tired of reading posts of people being fanboys of Bethesda and rpg-lite gameplay or those who bash a game they haven't played yet. From what I've seen I haven't been impressed.

The only thing we can do is wait and see. If it tanks hopefully Bethesda will be nice enough to release a toolkit so the game can be fixed. If it's the best Fallout game ever (yeah right) then that would be even better.

Probably one of the biggest disappointments for me was when they mentioned that the loading screens would be shorter and that they added gameplay tips and such to the loading screens (like oblivion). Loading screens? It'll be frickin 2008 when the game is released and we're still talking loading screens. Make the damn game iso so we don't have to deal with frickin' loading screens. No loading screens=tons of "immersiveness". Hell, I was immersed in a black screen with white text playing Zork in 1986/7 for crying out loud.

Reply 16 of 16, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://www.edge-online.com/news/censors-force … llout-3-changes

Speaking to Edge, Bethesda has explained what it calls a “misconception” regarding the classification of Fallout 3 in the Australian region. Edge has also learned that due to concerns and issues raised in the process of international classification, Fallout 3 will not contain real world drug references in any territory.

They better release that Construction Set if they know what's good for them.

I'm sure the Bethesda apologists will say this is just a small thing...nothing to worry about.