First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://blogs.vmware.com/vmtn/2008/09/windows-gets-ev.html

We’re proud to announce that VMware Fusion 2 is now available. ... […]
Show full quote

We’re proud to announce that VMware Fusion 2 is now available. ...

VMware Fusion 2, a free, downloadable upgrade for all VMware Fusion 1.x customers, adds over 100 new features and enhancements including:

More Seamless with Unity 2.0: Application Sharing, Link Handling, Mirrored Folders, Driverless Printing, True Multiple Display Support, and Custom Keyboard Mapping.

Safer Windows on Mac experience with AutoProtect automated snapshots and a 12-month complimentary subscription to McAfee VirusScan Plus security software for Windows XP and Vista

More Power with DirectX 9.0c with Shader Model 2 3D graphics, 1080p HD video playback, Multiple Snapshots, 4-way vSMP, and Better Linux Support (Unity & Easy Install)

More Mac-like, More Mac-friendly with all new Welcome Screen, Virtual Machine Library and Virtual Machine Settings, Cover Flow and Quick Look integration, and Apple Help

Finally, Mac OS X Leopard Server now is supported in a virtual machine on Mac hardware

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 1 of 1, by Xian97

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am waiting to see what bug reports come out before installing it. It's a free upgrade to registered 1.x users.

One of the best features I have read about is the ability to set default program handlers from either OS. For example, in VMWare 1.x if I click on a mailto: link in Windows I can't force it to use Mac Mail, it will use whatever the default Windows mail client is. In 2.x you can tell it to use any app on either OS.