VOGONS

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://www.thewitcher.com/community/

We are happy to inform that latest patch version for The Witcher is now available to download! […]
Show full quote

We are happy to inform that latest patch version for The Witcher is now available to download!

Here are the features of patch 1.5:

Modifications:
- copy securities (DRM) are removed
- playing the game no longer requires the game disc in the drive
- patch solves problems with EAX and blurred graphics

Additionally:
- 5 bonus adventures made by the Witcher community: ‘Deceits’, ‘Blight of the Bogs’, ‘Wraiths of Quiet Hamlet’, ‘The Wedding’, ‘Merry Witchmas’.

In order to install patch 1.5 correctly, original Witcher game upgraded to 1.4 (i.e. The Witcher: Enhanced Edition) should be installed.

You might also want to download the new game-difficulty modification, "Flash Mod", prepared by our community member Andrzej "Flash" Kwiatkowski. Now surivivng in the world of The Witcher will be much more challenging than ever before!

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 1 of 7, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

that is awesome that they removed all protection! I have the special edition of the game since it was first released, but sadly only played it for ~15mins so far 🙁

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2 of 7, by Xian97

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just finished downloading it. I had already finished the game before the enhanced version came out, but played the Price of Neutrality mod. This update includes 5 more mods, hopefully longer than the PoN mod.

Reply 6 of 7, by Xian97

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The Price of Neutrality mod that came with the enhanced edition upgrade was pretty good, although short. I played through it twice, since you have to make a choice to support one side or the other with different results depending on your choice. It was set before the events in the Witcher, so it helps to fill in some of the back story about your fellow Witchers in the main game.