VOGONS

Ancient DOS Games Webshow

Topic actions

Reply 340 of 3354, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Gemini000: well since you gave me such a cryptic reply, I will just post if I was correct about my guess. And Gemini000, I really do not want to be mentioned, I just like to watch your episodes. And smile, if I am correct. I am really not the type who wants to be mention in either nickname or real name for that matter. I am not an attention seeker when it comes to that. But I will reply to you with my guess on your email address 😀

Reply 341 of 3354, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ancient DOS Games Episode 53 - SkyRoads is online!

I'm gonna make this quick because there's a chance some thunderstorms could start at any moment and I'd rather not be caught doing important stuff if and when they hit so I can shutdown super-fast.

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 342 of 3354, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

SkyRoads... oh man, my brother and I used to burn HOURS at a time on this one. Pretty sure I finished all the races, but I don't think I could ever beat the hardest one again after that, hahah.
Then there was the 'Christmas Edition' with the much harder levels, don't think I've ever gotten too far in it...

P.S. - emailed you my guess for the next one

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 343 of 3354, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Gemini000: the game you were hinting at, was for me so easy , that if I am wrong, I am going to smile (the upcoming episode), since the hint you gave me, was a colossal hint, and if the game has not gotten a port to the Iphone yet, then people should be ashamed of not have made a port yet.

Reply 344 of 3354, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ancient DOS Games Episode 54 - Telengard is online!

Yes, this is a much earlier upload than usual. I'm gonna be in bed shortly after posting this message, which would mean I'd be asleep during the normal update period. :P

...I wouldn't wish my circadian rhythm problems on anyone... >_<;

And yeah, only one person submitted a correct guess for today's game, though a couple people did guess "DND" (or "dnd", which is technically a different game, I always get the two confused) and since DND and Telengard are virtually the same game I decided to give credit to the people who guessed DND as well.

I came up with quite a hint for next week's game. Should be interesting to see how many people get it right. ;)

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)

Reply 345 of 3354, by lazygamereviews

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Whoa, I've got like four episodes to catch up on! Now that my internet is back (I think for real this time) I must attend to my duties of watching ADG 😁 Looks like some freaking great games you've covered this month, can't wait to watch

https://www.youtube.com/lazygamereviews

Reply 347 of 3354, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lazygamereviews wrote:

Whoa, I've got like four episodes to catch up on! Now that my internet is back (I think for real this time) I must attend to my duties of watching ADG :D Looks like some freaking great games you've covered this month, can't wait to watch

One thing I didn't intend was that the last three games have all been free to download and none of them really have any semblance of a story. The next game does indeed have a story and, AFAIK, is still commercial, but I haven't looked into that yet. I get surprised sometimes by the free/not-free state of some games. :O

Glad you've once again got a solid internet connection. Lightning sucks. x_x;

WolverineDK wrote:

Gemini000: And here I thought it was Colossal Cave Adventure , well I am smiling already :)

Since only one person out of about a dozen guessed it right, (and two got close by guessing DND), I'm sure to surprise a bunch of people this week! ;D

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)

Reply 348 of 3354, by The Gecko

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Gemini, my minion. GUESS WHO?

You're... difficult to find online at times due to that... erratic schedule of yours. I still have that magazine game demo disc I mentioned to you earlier. You should let me know sometime how to go about making sure I can get that to you.

If all else fails, use fire.

Reply 349 of 3354, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
The Gecko wrote:

Gemini, my minion. GUESS WHO?

You're... difficult to find online at times due to that... erratic schedule of yours. I still have that magazine game demo disc I mentioned to you earlier. You should let me know sometime how to go about making sure I can get that to you.

I hope you mean "actively online", such as with an IM client, because it would be quite embarassing for you if you forgot that I've had the same website domain name and eMail addresses for 11 years now! ;D

VOGONS, meet one of my friends from childhood. I still don't really know why he likes calling me his "minion" nowadays... I think he's just driving for attention; it's what he does best, followed closely by programming. ;)

As for that demo disc, I'll ask you about it next time I see you online.

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)

Reply 350 of 3354, by The Gecko

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Gemini000 wrote:

I hope you mean "actively online", such as with an IM client, because it would be quite embarassing for you if you forgot that I've had the same website domain name and eMail addresses for 11 years now! ;D

That would be doing things the simple, logical, straightforward way. We certainly can't have that now, can we?

That said, I'm migrating *away* from the old email address you probably have on hand. The even older one I was using as a forward will cease to exist entirely. I'll send you one from my UWO Meteor Physics address though; you can use that one for now.

Reply 351 of 3354, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ancient DOS Games Episode 55 - MechWarrior 2 is online!

I had some trouble uploading this one, IE: uploading the last episode as the new one by accident, then Blip.tv's system being stubborn to change the files over, so a grand total of 6 people saw the wrong episode by mistake. Apologies to any of you if you happen to be reading this. It's working properly now. ;P

BTW: If anyone has any advice as to how to get around the issue of having to review something that has lots of voices going on in the background, I could use some. I tried my best to make the my voice clash as little as possible with the mech computer voice but I still think I could've done even better.

And now, I'm gonna go collapse because this episode just took way too much time to make in the first place. x_x;

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)

Reply 352 of 3354, by The Gecko

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Weeeeeeeee, MechWarrior 2. Despite my original disc being quite old, and also stashed in a box in storage somewhere, I've managed to preserve the redbook audio tracks from that.

I still recall going over the one demo mission many times before I got my hands on the real deal. The one where you're defending a firebase on an arctic planet against several waves of attackers.

"Planet: Baker 3, Ambient Temperature blah blah. Local time is something-something-something GST. All systems nominal."

Yeah, I overrode those shutdown sequences like a maniac.

Reply 353 of 3354, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Gemini000: the commentary you did before hand, sounded like you were either taking a dump on the toilet, or you were doing the "nasty" and almost cumming with or without a partner, but great episode none the less.

Reply 355 of 3354, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks for keeping it classy, WolverineDK! >_>;

Really though, when you play video games around other people, you tend to be more vocal than usual, and barely surviving a situation such as in the opening of my latest episode is such a moment that requires an exclamation of some sort. You saw the HUD: My weapons were gone, my legs were both about to get blown off, my torso wasn't doing too good either, heck, I didn't even notice my LRM15 was supposed to be dead until after I destroyed the opposing mech, so if not for that bug, I wouldn't've survived that! :O

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)

Reply 356 of 3354, by The Gecko

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
nerka99 wrote:

Now i have most disturbing image in my head...
... mecha blow up sex-doll

Rule 34.

Reply 357 of 3354, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Gemini000 wrote:

Thanks for keeping it classy, WolverineDK! >_>;

You mean without curses in my post about your post jabbing about before the episode ? well, if some body sounds like they are pulling a log, then it does sound very strenuous. Which it sounded like, so live up a little. Cause I did say, it was a great episode. And oh yeah, if you feel. I was out of line, then it is because I am just honest. So fuck it, and forget it. Cause your show is good. And keep it up man. Thank goodness, I am not worried about so-called bad language . So smile 😀

Reply 358 of 3354, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I know, I was just being sarcastic. Sarcasm is my preferred form of humour... which can be a little hard to convey without vocal accompaniment. :P

But yeah, I wasn't taking you seriously, but wanted to make a statement that would keep anyone else from taking you seriously too. ;)

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)

Reply 359 of 3354, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
The Gecko wrote:

Rule 34.

Considering the large amount of furries just discovering MW2 and the Battletech universe in general in the past 5 years (very late), I wouldn't be surprised. Doom II had that same problem since "imp encounter", as if notorious pwads TOONDOOM.WAD and FURRYSEX.WAD wasn't enough for it, it just had its fanbase permanently vindicated with fur.

Quake may face the same fate soon. It recently gained a large teenage consoler following since a homebrew PSP port. It turned into "LET'S CLONE COMMERCIAL GAMES ON IT" for the PSP, probably for high school self-esteem compensation as in "hay lok i got hallo on my psp i cool dont bete me up buly". It'll get worse from there.

apsosig.png
long live PCem