VOGONS

Ancient DOS Games Webshow

Topic actions

Reply 861 of 3354, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ancient DOS Games Episode 88 - CD-Man is online!

Recording breaking number of guesses this week: 24!

Also a record breaking number of correct guesses: 24! ;D

I had no idea CD-Man was so well known, which is funny because it feels like it should be an obscure title. *shrugs*

Ah well. If doing this web show has taught me anything it's that many of the games I think are common knowledge are not, and many of the games I don't think are common knowledge are. :P

I'm also feeling 99.9% better so next week's epic game is definitely going to happen... and I expect the new record number of guesses above to get shattered! ;D

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 863 of 3354, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Harekiet wrote:

Not gonna even gonna bother sending in guesses for next week, I'll just chew some more bubble gum

Yeah, and I am here to kick ass, and I am all out of gum. And oh by the way Gemini000, are you thinking of putting up an NSFW warning ? 😉 🤣

Reply 864 of 3354, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
WolverineDK wrote:

And oh by the way Gemini000, are you thinking of putting up an NSFW warning ? ;-) lol

Do I really need to answer that question? ;D

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)

Reply 865 of 3354, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm running just slightly behind with the next ADG. Normally, I would've started uploading half an hour ago. As it stands, I only just started rendering. It turned out to be a much more ambitious episode than I thought it would be, not helped by my being extraordinarily busy with other things too this week.

So yeah, rendering was just started, will probably take a couple hours, then conversion to web format, then upload... I imagine it'll be online sometime around 2:30 AM EDT, give or take a half hour.

It'll be worth the wait though! ;)

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)

Reply 866 of 3354, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

couple of hours to render?! you need a new Intel I7 rig! 😉 It will cut those render times not in half, but by 300% atleast.

love your show btw!

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 867 of 3354, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ancient DOS Games Episode 89 - Duke Nukem 3D is FINALLY online! ^_^;

Yeah, this episode was crazy trying to put it together. So much editing time and rendering and gameplay recording...

Ah well. I think it turned out really well... though I guess now we'll get to see just how many people get terrified by the opening. ;D

It's not really a secret that plushies are one of my most favourite things, it just doesn't come up often, and I've been planning for almost a year to do something like this at the start of a Duke Nukem 3D review to juxtapose my interests and subtly show that it's possible to like both cute and cuddly stuff, as well as goretastic things. ;)

Oh yeah, and if you want the hint for next episode, make sure you watch past the credits...

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)

Reply 868 of 3354, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Awesome! The perfect weekend: Junkfood and an episode of ADG 😀

You must have played that first level heaps of times because you seem to know exactly where every enemy is hiding.

One tiny tiny suggestion is showing that game stats box for much less time as the gaming footage is so aweseome and the stats box kinda blocks the view.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 873 of 3354, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Gemini000: I am seriously thinking, that you are a part of the LGBT . But hey that would make perfect sense in some ways. And what is wrong with having cuddly toys ? I have a "Jack" rabbit (http://www.hokuspokus.dk/download/shows/Steve_And_Jack.jpg) from when Steve was a hit in Denmark. He is still living in Denmark but he is not a hit any more. But the point is this, there is nothing wrong with either being a furry, or anything like that. But then again, I have a real cat in my apartment. And she is wonderful too.

SquallStrife: I believe http://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/ is much more for the non faint of heart. In comparison to the chan you gave out.

Reply 874 of 3354, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Should I be worried that ponies have taken over the internet to the extent that I already knew which one that was?

At 15:40 the sign reads "NOONE SHOULD BE HERE" instead of "NO ONE". A Google search reveals that this is a reference to Peter Noone, lead singer of Herman's Hermits.

Duke's one-liners reference both movies but I think Duke Nukem is more like Roddy Piper's character in "They Live" than Ash from "Evil Dead".

I have 2 versions of Duke Nukem 3D. The Atomic Edition which includes episode 4 but had the parental control forced on and required patching to remove. Then the original version and Plutonium Pack separately. The original version includes Duke Nukem 1&2 even though it wasn't part of the Kill A Ton collection. I also have Caribbean Vacation, Duke It Out In DC, and Nuclear Winter.

Reply 875 of 3354, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

You must have played that first level heaps of times because you seem to know exactly where every enemy is hiding.

...yes. XD

To be fair though, once you've played this game enough, even if you don't remember where everything is, it actually gets fairly predictable and the secrets aren't all that hard to find.

Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

One tiny tiny suggestion is showing that game stats box for much less time as the gaming footage is so aweseome and the stats box kinda blocks the view.

I actually have a different approach to the game stats prepped for Season 3 that won't block the view. ;)

Qbix wrote:

Can we expect a new avatar from you ? Like something yellow ?

No. I'm just a casual fan of the series... that particular character just happens to have become my most favourite animated character of all, dethroning Tails who held the spot since I was 10 years old. :O

The Gecko wrote:
The Gecko wrote:

$5 says it's ponies.

:bow:

And the crazy part is, I didn't even tell anything you ahead of time. ;D

SquallStrife wrote:

/b/rony represent

I never go to 4chan on my own accord, only when someone links me there. :P

WolverineDK wrote:

I am seriously thinking, that you are a part of the LGBT .

*has to look up that acronym* I'm not, but I have nothing against such people. Two of my male friends are gay, even though I myself am straight... Though I'm told I can impersonate a flamboyantly homosexual person almost too well. ;D

WolverineDK wrote:

And what is wrong with having cuddly toys ?

Absolutely nothing! ^_^

SKARDAVNELNATE wrote:

Should I be worried that ponies have taken over the internet to the extent that I already knew which one that was?

Possibly...

SKARDAVNELNATE wrote:

At 15:40 the sign reads "NOONE SHOULD BE HERE" instead of "NO ONE". A Google search reveals that this is a reference to Peter Noone, lead singer of Herman's Hermits.

...I never would've noticed that. :O

SKARDAVNELNATE wrote:

Duke's one-liners reference both movies but I think Duke Nukem is more like Roddy Piper's character in "They Live" than Ash from "Evil Dead".

Maybe, but from what I understand Bruce Campbell REALLY doesn't like the Duke Nukem character or the guys who created him.

SKARDAVNELNATE wrote:

The original version includes Duke Nukem 1&2 even though it wasn't part of the Kill A Ton collection.

Umm... every source I've found online says they were. If you actually have the Kill-A-Ton collection you may wanna take a closer look. :P

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)

Reply 876 of 3354, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This review got me looking at my PILE of cd's. It turns out I have an unopened "virgin" copy of this duke "mod":
ccc2.jpeg

I'd suggest NOT doing a google image search on that game unless you are in the privacy of your own home. 😜

edit: Also, stomp your hooves if you are excited for season 3!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 877 of 3354, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Gemini000 wrote:
SKARDAVNELNATE wrote:

The original version includes Duke Nukem 1&2 even though it wasn't part of the Kill A Ton collection.

Umm... every source I've found online says they were. If you actually have the Kill-A-Ton collection you may wanna take a closer look. 😜

Perhaps I worded that in a confusing way. The disc I have was not from the Kill-A-Ton collection.

Here is an image of the back of the box. It mentions the two previous games near the bottom. Those games were included even if not part of the collection. Yet they're absent from the Atomic Edition.

Original version - Has Duke Nukem 1&2.
Atomic Edition - Has 4th episode but not the previous games. Forced Parental Lock.
This is why I bought the original release and Plutonium Pack after I already had the Atomic Edition.

luckybob wrote:

This review got me looking at my PILE of cd's. It turns out I have an unopened "virgin" copy of this duke "mod"...

I was not aware of that one. Nor can I find it listed on MobyGames. Is the box art supposed to look like Youngblood?

Reply 878 of 3354, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
WolverineDK wrote:

SquallStrife: I believe http://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/ is much more for the non faint of heart. In comparison to the chan you gave out.

[link deleted] - I deleted the link. /mlp/ on 4chan is supposed to be a ponies-only safe-for-work channel, but someone made a gore thread in there. Can be accessed thus: boards dot 4chan dot org slash mlp. If you self-censor a bit, there'a a tonne of really good fanart to be found.

They became such a problem for /b/ that they got their own board.

Gemini000 wrote:
SquallStrife wrote:

/b/rony represent

I never go to 4chan on my own accord, only when someone links me there. 😜

You have an enormous Fluttershy in your bed, I'm fairly sure you qualify for /b/rony. (Sans slashes, perhaps? 😀)

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 879 of 3354, by CapnCrunch53

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Great video, as always 😁 I must get around to playing Duke 3d; the weapon variety looks a lot more interesting than I expected. So many old games I need to play...

Nice job on the plushie by the way, it looks really good 😀

PCs, Macs, old and new... too much stuff.