VOGONS

STEAM xmas sales has started!

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 44, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

For those looking into the sale items for today, I have Just Cause 2, it's a ton of fun.

It's what the first one should have been to begin with 😉

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 21 of 44, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

AvP and JC2 are great games!

Already got AvP but will likely get JC2

And I swear that Tales on MI pack was cheaper. 5 bucks or something when I got it.

Reply 23 of 44, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
HunterZ wrote:

Edit: Bought The Witcher for $5. I hope it's good. The Penny Arcade guys couldn't stop talking about it for a couple months.

I Played The Witcher last year, but after playing Fallout 3, it just couldn't hold my interest. Everything I've played after Fallout 3 I was like, this is nothing like Fallout 3, this will not do.

I'm even playing Fallout New Vegas right now, thinking, if all these damn cacti were gone, this would be more like Fallout 3. And that violin has to go too.

Reply 24 of 44, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
bushwack wrote:
HunterZ wrote:

Edit: Bought The Witcher for $5. I hope it's good. The Penny Arcade guys couldn't stop talking about it for a couple months.

I Played The Witcher last year, but after playing Fallout 3, it just couldn't hold my interest. Everything I've played after Fallout 3 I was like, this is nothing like Fallout 3, this will not do.

I'm even playing Fallout New Vegas right now, thinking, if all these damn cacti were gone, this would be more like Fallout 3. And that violin has to go too.

🤣 sounds like me comparing FPS games to Deus Ex.

I *loved* Fallout 1 & 2. My brother bought me Fallout 3 for xmas 2008 and I still haven't beaten it because it's so big that I keep getting distracted by other games. I also got pretty fed up with it's stupid little bugs, but on the whole I really like it. I'm sure I'll get New Vegas at some point, but my hangup about skipping ahead to sequels combined with my determination to finish Fallout 3 at some point prevents me from doing so (at least until New Vegas goes on sale with all DLC for under $30).

The Witcher sounds unlikely to hold my interest, but you never know. I'm probably going to try to finish Dragon Age: Origins and Baldur's Gate before I let myself get too far into any other modern fantasy RPG/adventure games though.

Reply 25 of 44, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Today's Steam sale just went live. Nothing catching my interest. If you don't already own the Mass Effect games though then this is a decent opportunity to pick them up!

Reply 26 of 44, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah so far there isn't anything peaking my interest, I either already own it or just don't care about it. Well, I will probably pick up Puzzle Quest 2 before the sale is over, I really liked PQ1 for some weird reason.

Reply 29 of 44, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Got an email from Direct2Drive saying I can get 20% off of any non-sale, non-preorder game through Dec 31 using the promo code holidaytreats on checkout. Since I have no interest in buying full-price games, I thought I'd share the code with you guys instead.

Reply 32 of 44, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Oh my ME2 is such a gorgeous game! So polished and slick.

No tearing AND no input lag! Why can't all PC game developers do such a good job.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 33 of 44, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
HunterZ wrote:

Got an email from Direct2Drive saying I can get 20% off of any non-sale, non-preorder game through Dec 31 using the promo code holidaytreats on checkout. Since I have no interest in buying full-price games, I thought I'd share the code with you guys instead.

Yeppers, got the same email too 😉

Reply 34 of 44, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I had input lag in ME2 out of the box, but some INI tweaks fixed it. Don't remember what they were.

New Steam sales up. Dragon Age: Origins is 50% off, but I already have the original on Steam and I think I'm going to hold out for an even cheaper price on Awakenings since I still haven't beaten DA:O.

Happy holidays everyone!

Reply 35 of 44, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Monkey Island Special Edition complete pack for just $ 3.75! Amazing value...

That Batman game is also a very good deal.

My YouTube channel

Reply 36 of 44, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
HunterZ wrote:

I had input lag in ME2 out of the box, but some INI tweaks fixed it. Don't remember what they were.

New Steam sales up. Dragon Age: Origins is 50% off, but I already have the original on Steam and I think I'm going to hold out for an even cheaper price on Awakenings since I still haven't beaten DA:O.

Happy holidays everyone!

I could not wait, so I purchased Awakenings at Fry's when it was released.

I had purchased the collectors edition of both ME2 and DA so I had some extra DLC out of the box.

Just finished getting the rest of the DLC direct from EA/Bioware too, I did find Witch Hunt to be very short however....

Reply 37 of 44, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Is Dragon Age similar to Mass Effect in terms of graphics / running around / controls?

My YouTube channel

Reply 38 of 44, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's much more like Neverwinter Nights / Knights of the Old Republic than Mass Effect. The graphics are about on par, but being more partial to sci-fi I appreciate Mass Effect's art design a lot more. I do recommend it if you like Bioware games and fantasy RPGs.

I already have Batman. Monkey Island is tempting but I don't think I'd ever play them since I beat the original versions (plus I'd miss the MT-32 music). I tried the first remake on iPhone and it didn't hold my interest.

I'm tempted to pick up DAO Awakenings because I have the original through Steam as well and am thus locked into getting Awakenings on Steam at some point if I want it. I'm not in a hurry, though, because I'm not done with DA:O itself yet.

Made a Steam group for VOGONS: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vogonscommunity