VOGONS

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant/

Just tried this out on Windows 2000. Works good but didn't see a way to find what wireless networks you actually have......

Don't know if it works on Windows 9x. It uses Winpcap so not sure if the latest version of that works in 9x or not.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 1 of 3, by MrKsoft

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I tried this the other day. I just put 2000 on my old P4-M laptop and needed a way to get onto my WPA network.

It didn't work at all though. The interface lagged so much it was unusable-- but didn't actually use any CPU power so it wasn't that my system was underpowered. It took more than 30 minutes to even get to the area where you select your adapter, and then it said I didn't have any. I'm thinking that may have had to do with WinPcap not working with my USB dongle. I had to go find the actual Buffalo drivers and its ugly client to get WPA working.

Wafflenet OPL Archive - Preserving MS-DOS music in a unified format!

Reply 2 of 3, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That's weird....it wasn't that slow for me.

Turns out I didn't need the above supplicant anyway in this case.

I noticed that the latest driver package for the Broadcom wireless card I was using that the drivers would install fine but the included supplicant isn't compatible with 2000 anymore so I just moved the drivers from the latest package and replaced the old drivers in the previous driver package that worked. Now everything works fine latest drivers + old supplicant so no need for the above supplicant in this case.

Mabye eventually I'll try to haxor the supplicant in the latest drivers.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline