VOGONS

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-e … dwide-languages

Only for Vista+ OS's

Last edited by DosFreak on 2011-03-15, 15:10. Edited 1 time in total.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 18, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
retro games 100 wrote:

Windows XP isn't supported. I wonder why?

go defective marketing! If it wasn't for that, Win95 could still be used, and for Microsoft, that's a very scary thing to see because you can't stimulate an incentive to purchase upgrades for something already perfect

Reply 4 of 18, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
retro games 100 wrote:

Windows XP isn't supported. I wonder why?

Another reason to drop IE for a real browser.
I'm using IE7 atm (yes, I know there is 8, but couldn't be bothered to install the newer one). This time I get very annoying disconnects for no good reason. If I log in, I'll get the error again and again until I choose browse offline -_-
Another BIG flaw, I noticed when you use IE to add a link in favorites, half the time it's own shortcuts will not work!
Talk about a retarded browser...
Not looking forward to the next versions, no telling what else will break this time.
I'm sticking with Opera and the occasional Firefox.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 8 of 18, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I only use IE because things like hotmail and windows update seem to require it. Firefox is nice, but seems more sluggish then Opera and right now I like the Opera features more.

Frankly, I'm quite surprised Opera isn't getting more attention then it's receiving. It's really super!
I never tried Chrome, I think 3 browsers is enough for me right now! 😁

Report spammers here!

Reply 11 of 18, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

*Ducks in advance*

I love IE 😦

Did I see anything? Wait, let me search Ebay for a motion tracker...oh dang, IE crashed again!

Report spammers here!

Reply 13 of 18, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

@Tetrium:

I think you mean MSN Live services. Hotmail works fine using FF or Opera.

Oh yes, that was what I meant ;D

Report spammers here!

Reply 14 of 18, by DOS_Boy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's all a matter of taste people. While everyone seems to hate IE I'm the very opposite, and, yes, version 9 is great and smooth. The best navigator of my time is still Netscape Navigator (RIP).

"But listen to me brother, you just keep on walking, 'cause you and me and sister ain't got nothing to hide..." - Scatman John

Reply 15 of 18, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I like Google Chrome these days.

If you must use IE, then IE9 at least has better support for modern HTML/CSS. PNG with alpha, and CSS rounded corners finally!

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 16 of 18, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
laxdragon wrote:

I like Google Chrome these days.

If you must use IE, then IE9 at least has better support for modern HTML/CSS. PNG with alpha, and CSS rounded corners finally!

Rounded corners is nice, but I don't like it's very annoying bugs and the instability. At least you can *sometimes* get your browsers back after a crash but it shouldn't be crashing in the 1st place.

Report spammers here!

Reply 17 of 18, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Warning, rant coming up:

This is not "Milliways". This thread is to inform us that IE9 has been released. Many people are using IE, and will be curious to try the latest version which offers quite a number of improvements, according to the feature list/changelog. I'm not a big fan of IE, by the way. In my opinion there is, however, no need to point out alledged "problems" (which I can't reproduce, and which don't seem so serious as to stop MS from releasing the product as "final") multiple times. If you're having problems with browser (a), use browser (b) or (c). My guess is that the "problems" mentioned are a case of PEBKAC anyway.

Reply 18 of 18, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ADDiCT wrote:

Warning, rant coming up:

This is not "Milliways". This thread is to inform us that IE9 has been released. Many people are using IE, and will be curious to try the latest version which offers quite a number of improvements, according to the feature list/changelog. I'm not a big fan of IE, by the way. In my opinion there is, however, no need to point out alledged "problems" (which I can't reproduce, and which don't seem so serious as to stop MS from releasing the product as "final") multiple times. If you're having problems with browser (a), use browser (b) or (c). My guess is that the "problems" mentioned are a case of PEBKAC anyway.

Well, this is a discussion forum, right?
And your guess is described on a couple other sites of which none mention a fix. It has been that way since I put my W7 rig together. I see no reason for you to assume it's caused by the user, but seeing you are teh ADDiCT, it's not surprising to once again see you think someone is just a dumbass instead of even considering there might be a genuine problem here 😜

And for MSN and Windows Update I need that IE anyway, so no way around that. As long as those keep working, I'll just continue to use Opera.

Report spammers here!