VOGONS

Reply 280 of 280, by stanwebber

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i found later releases of the bassmidi driver, but the configuration utility was compiled with sse2. strange, because the bass, bassmidi and bassmididrv libraries don't appear to be. the newer bassmididrv.dll splits the driver into port(a) and port(b) so i didn't try using the older configuration utility. i suppose if you manually configured the soundfonts in whatever ini file or registry keys the configuration utility is using you could get it working on a non-sse2 cpu.

oh yeah, the uninstaller is completely broken on the newer releases. it's impossible to pass the file in use check because, even in safe mode, it wants you to stop absolutely critical windows services like winlogin.exe (and probably the uninstall.exe you're running to remove the driver i kid you not). i had to use the v3.1 uninstaller to clean things up. btw, the v3.1 installer puts the bassmididrvuninstall.exe in the wrong place--move it from windows\system32 to windows\system32\bassmididrv.

i wish the driver releases were more clearly delineated, but all you have to go by are certificate signing dates on extraneous files to guess which release might be newer.