VOGONS

EA and GOG

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

GOG.com’s Catalog Gets Huge with Addition of Classic EA Titles

The biggest announcement in GOG.com's history is a fact! Electronic Arts grants access to its deep back catalogue of classic franchises via yours truly GOG.com!

In a ground-breaking, earthshaking, and jaw-dropping deal we've managed to sign with EA and will be releasing more than 25 legendary classics from the globally renowned publisher. With today’s announcement three widely known and much awaited brands get the revival treatment from GOG.com: Wing Commander: Privateer, Dungeon Keeper and Ultima Underworld 1+2.

We will be adding more than 25 titles from EA over the next few months, so the games will be unveiled gradually, but we can already reveal that the next upcoming titles from this huge deal are: Crusader: No remorse, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and Magic Carpet.

While the agreement between Electronic Arts and GOG.com brings back many acclaimed and well known franchises, it doesn’t include the much anticipated System Shock or Syndicate series at this time. After releasing the first six Electronic Arts classics, we will take a break from the concentrated awesome until later in the summer.

http://www.gog.com/en/news/gog_com_s_catalog_ … =ElectronicArts

Reply 1 of 6, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I imagine getting the license to do System Shock is going to take a whole bunch of effort. I'm also kinda surprised Dungeon Keeper's been added as a stand-alone title, instead of combined with Dungeon Keeper 2.

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 3 of 6, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I purchased Privateer. I highly recommend editing the DOSBox config file. They use 22KHz sample rate for the audio and also don't allow you to change the sound settings.

Also it's based on the CD version, so speech throughout, but it's missing the expansion, which is quite a shame.

If you want to change sound options (install.exe):

Remove the last two lines:

priv.exe
exit

And also remove the "-c" line from the Wing Commander Privateer Shortcut

You will get a C: prompt when you run the shortcut.

Type INSTALL to change the soundcard options
Type PRIV to launch the game.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 4 of 6, by Yeah yeah

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I purchased Dungeon Keeper and wondering if you guys can help me out. Anyway that I can get this game to work in dos? Reason why I'm asking, there's an app for iPad called iDos which allows you to run games via dos prompt. Trying to get it to work with dungeon keeper and iPad.