Pył, Pyl, Dust English language version

Topic actions

Reply 120 of 121, by MrFlibble

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kerr Avon wrote on 2024-04-02, 18:45:

It's a real pity that the game didn't do (much) better, they deserved the respect and the publicity that would have helped their programming/designing careers. Did they at least get jobs in the gaming industry?

Apologies for the belated reply. I've skimmed through the interview once again, but there appears to be no info on the subsequent careers of the developers.

DOS Games Archive | Free open source games | RGB Classic Games

Reply 121 of 121, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MrFlibble wrote on 2024-04-07, 20:20:
Kerr Avon wrote on 2024-04-02, 18:45:

It's a real pity that the game didn't do (much) better, they deserved the respect and the publicity that would have helped their programming/designing careers. Did they at least get jobs in the gaming industry?

Apologies for the belated reply. I've skimmed through the interview once again, but there appears to be no info on the subsequent careers of the developers.

Maybe it would be better for them if they didn't get to work in the gaming industry. Sadly, from what I've read, programming games can often be unpleasant, being frequently underpaid and (sometimes very) over-worked, under-appreciated, and not receiving sufficient credit for what you have personally achieved/created on the project. I don't know if graphical artists, musicians, writers, level designers, etc have it as bad as the programmers, but I would imagine it isn't a whole lot better.

There must be something good about the current gaming industry, but I can't see it 😮