VOGONS

Quake2 + Acebot for DOSBox (128mb)

Topic actions

Reply 584 of 862, by __ggorts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That's great! It would have been difficult to adapt the h3 code! That's a time savings on building binaries and less things to track, for sure.

Also, that's interesting the x86 has no significant difference. Just as well because the C path compiles so cleanly.

I noted your examination of the video modes and code in fxapi.c. I vaguely recall that the video modes had updates (from the changelog), but that is perfect if it plugs in easily to your resolution settings.

* http://dege.freeweb.hu/

Reply 585 of 862, by __ggorts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Maraakate wrote:

Did you try to compile with USE_X86=1. When i try to, once it gets to the asm files the %include "file.inc" stuff always fails.

I showed the exact same error and bypassed by copying the headers files from /src to /glide3x which is more topmost.

Reply 588 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I wonder if your USE_X86=1 compiled properly or if you sent me the wrong file because previously, when I compiled it normally withotu x86 I got the same filesizes you sent me. But with USE_X86=1 I got a slightly larger file size now. Will test as soon as its done compiling

Reply 589 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah, it's definitely different because now I get some link errors with q2dos about vprtisetup_call being definied multiple times in xdraw3_ref.o then again in gxdraw.o

Reply 591 of 862, by __ggorts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I tried to turn on the path but sometimes it didn't work correctly. I sent the mesa makefiles for that reason, because it was troublesome to set x86 properly. However, if there are build errors then it must be true that I was building non-x86 in spite of the makefile settings. I'm glad that you are able to make short order of these issues.

Reply 596 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Okay USE_X86=1 has no rendering errors, but its only like 0.5 difference, hah. I'd probably rather just use the C code because I know it's less likely to have hidden issues.

Reply 598 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Honestly, it's about the same speed as in Windows. Though, I haven't benchmarked in Win98 yet.

I'm more interested in knowing that I can play it on a p1 200mmx with a voodoo 2 at about 30-40 frames at 640x480 which is very nice.

(yeah right now, I got 3 computers going on hitting a KVM switchbox to see it all, hah)

Reply 599 of 862, by __ggorts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, at least it's meeting those expected frame rates. There is some code that is in the (later?) mesa versions, perhaps by "Amigamerlin". He claimed some speedup in the drivers, but that may be too adventuresome to port back, and I would think the advantage is small in most cases.

The P1/V2 benchmark is very interesting. That sounds like a fairly common setup for that era. But the KVM setup grants you alot of power to test across the other eras easily!