Day of the Tentacle Remastered

Topic actions

First post, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://www.gog.com/game/day_of_the_tentacle_remastered

Players are able to switch back and forth between classic and remastered modes, and mix and match audio, graphics and user interface to their heart's desire. We’ve also included a concept art browser, and recorded a commentary track with the game’s original creators Tim Schafer, Dave Grossman, Larry Ahern, Peter Chan, Peter McConnell and Clint Bajakian.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 2 of 34, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yep, same remake style as they did with Monkey island 1-2

"Gamer & collector for passion, I firmly believe in the preservation and the diffusion of old/rare software, against all personal egoisms"

Reply 4 of 34, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PhilsComputerLab wrote:

I'm really happy about this release, but what I really want is Fate of Atlantis 😀

The last crusade / fate of atlantis combo? 😀

"Gamer & collector for passion, I firmly believe in the preservation and the diffusion of old/rare software, against all personal egoisms"

Reply 5 of 34, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Myloch wrote:
PhilsComputerLab wrote:

I'm really happy about this release, but what I really want is Fate of Atlantis 😀

The last crusade / fate of atlantis combo? 😀

Even better!

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 7 of 34, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm sure I'm going to pick this up. Too bad there isn't a Linux version, that would be sweet.

The new graphics look good, just cleaned up and not really changed. I wish they would have added more frames of animation, but that is probably way out of the budget for this sort of thing.

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 9 of 34, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
PhilsComputerLab wrote:

Are they using ScummVM for these?

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 10 of 34, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
gdjacobs wrote:

Are they using ScummVM for these?

I do not believe so. They have the original sources to the scumm engine, which makes the porting work much easier.

Reply 11 of 34, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
leileilol wrote:

The audio quality supposedly got a huge boost though

Apparently so. Looking forward to this and the audio commentary, I can't say I care much about the updated visuals, the difference is too subtle/xBRZ-like to matter to me.

Reply 13 of 34, by realnc

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Zup wrote:

Does it include Maniac Mansion, too?

There was a computer in DotT where you can play Maniac Mansion. Yes, you play a computer game inside a computer game.

So I'd say yeah, it's included 😀

Unless you mean whether MM is also remastered. I'd say no, it most probably isn't, otherwise they would have done a separate release for it.

Reply 14 of 34, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, I was thinking about that computer. Thinking about that, my questions would be:

- Is Maniac Mansion included inside the game?
- If it is included, is it remastered (I think it is better a non remastered version, to keep the difference between the computer game and the "real" world)?
- I guess DotT will be multilingual, but Maniac Mansion?

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 15 of 34, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Been thinking of picking this up for my PS Vita since I already have a boxed copy of DotT. Like Grim Fandango, it looks like a great way to play point-and-click adventures!

Reply 16 of 34, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm not sure they will keep the original Maniac Mansion easter egg. In the old DOS version it was trivial to include it as it would shell out to the old .exe and launch it. Now they would need to rewrite that older Scumm engine as well to be multi-platform. It would be cool if they do it, but somehow I doubt they will.

Reply 17 of 34, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
laxdragon wrote:

I'm not sure they will keep the original Maniac Mansion easter egg. In the old DOS version it was trivial to include it as it would shell out to the old .exe and launch it. Now they would need to rewrite that older Scumm engine as well to be multi-platform. It would be cool if they do it, but somehow I doubt they will.

They already confirmed that it would be in there.

https://twitter.com/doublefine/status/673349405752188928

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 18 of 34, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SquallStrife wrote:

They already confirmed that it would be in there.
https://twitter.com/doublefine/status/673349405752188928

Kudos to them for the extra effort! That is not a trivial addition.

Reply 19 of 34, by TheDosPlace

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It's just a shame that it only seems to be a digital release. I need a nice shiny box to fondle. 😘

^Dave from TheDosPlace
http://www.facebook.com/TheDosPlace