VOGONS

Reply 1420 of 1699, by Rolandradio

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
Soundfont Midi Player is great, even on older computers.
Works good under Puppy Linux Wine and MicroXP.

Question:
Is there an option for hotkeys, define a key for an action ?
Would be nice to change (pitch/volume/reverb) knop with + and - on keyboard, or numer 1 for play/pause on keypad.

Second question:
Is the Program-Window fixed or can it be maximized to monitor screen resolution ?

Reply 1421 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Rolandradio wrote on 2023-04-11, 19:20:
Hi, Soundfont Midi Player is great, even on older computers. Works good under Puppy Linux Wine and MicroXP. […]
Show full quote

Hi,
Soundfont Midi Player is great, even on older computers.
Works good under Puppy Linux Wine and MicroXP.

Question:
Is there an option for hotkeys, define a key for an action ?
Would be nice to change (pitch/volume/reverb) knop with + and - on keyboard, or numer 1 for play/pause on keypad.

Second question:
Is the Program-Window fixed or can it be maximized to monitor screen resolution ?

Hi,
No, you cannot define hotkeys. Play/Pause is fixed for Space and Play/Pause multimedia hotkey also works (even without focus).
The program selector part is fixed but the playlist can be stretched vertically to maximum resolution.

Website, Facebook, Youtube
Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi
VST Midi Driver Midi Mapper

Reply 1423 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Rolandradio wrote on 2023-04-12, 17:29:

Are there future possibilities to implement this ? such as "defaultkeys.ini" you can edit with text editor.

Not in the near future. Implementing this would be rather time consuming and currently I have no much free time.
BTW, I forgot to mention that all the knobs (pitch/volume/reverb etc.) react to Up/Down arrow and Page Up/Page Down keys.

Reply 1424 of 1699, by RetroGC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Falcosoft wrote on 2022-12-29, 15:59:
Hi, I have added the requested feature. It was more difficult than I expected so it works a little bit differently than you aske […]
Show full quote
RetroGC wrote on 2022-12-27, 14:18:
HI, How are you? I've just installed 6.2 version to record some Mt32 OST again. […]
Show full quote

HI,
How are you? I've just installed 6.2 version to record some Mt32 OST again.

I would like to ask you a feature... (I know, no one as me bored you in the past to ask features... btw) as this would be really really useful for me.

Could id be possible to have an automated Batch recording for single track? (when file in the playlist are finished playlist start again recording the next channel...)
This would be really great for me, because I could set a recording before sleep in the night and have materials ready in the morning.
Something which will start from the first channel and looping until the 16 channel...
Maybe an output like this: filename(01...16).wav where only a single channel is recorded in wav.
This would really help me in import 16 different tracks inside reaper and work on single instruments.

Thank you.
Aldo

Hi,
I have added the requested feature. It was more difficult than I expected so it works a little bit differently than you asked. There is a new option in the Record Mode context menu called "Also Make Per Channel Records".
If it's enabled then it works in both Single File and Batch File modes. The full all channel record is always made but if this option is enabled then after the full record per channel records are also created. Only channels with valid Note events are recorded. The recorded per channel files have a postfix of "_Chxx" where xx is the channel number.
https://falcosoft.hu/midiplayer_62_test.zip

HI,
Today I was trying to listen to a single instrument over a whole track trying to make change on the fly inside Reaper, so for the first time i noticed that single instrument track start after about a couple of second and i can not do this but i can only work with all single track. Would it be possible, if this option is checked to have the whole track to start at the same time of the single instrument track?
Thank you and excuse me for bothering again.
Aldo

P.S.: I'm uding this soundtrack:
http://www.mirsoft.info/wogm_download.php?dat … TY4MTgwMjA1OTt9

And I've seen that there's a matter of millisecond / sample? disallineament in the start.... Unfortunately i'm pretty sure this is a midi issue btw...
I've seen track 1 start at 00:00:00:24 in the log viewer, but examinating the wave form in the wave file i've had a confirm of the difference between the start of the file with all channel mixed togheter and all the single channel (playing them all together inside reaper).
In the image, on the top... seems like tracks are not starging all together. In the bottom is a single file with all channel.

Attachments

• ForFalcosoft.png
    Filename
    ForFalcosoft.png
    File size
    51.87 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

My Videogames Music Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/RetroGamesClub

Reply 1425 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RetroGC wrote on 2023-04-18, 07:04:
HI, Today I was trying to listen to a single instrument over a whole track trying to make change on the fly inside Reaper, so fo […]
Show full quote
Falcosoft wrote on 2022-12-29, 15:59:
Hi, I have added the requested feature. It was more difficult than I expected so it works a little bit differently than you aske […]
Show full quote
RetroGC wrote on 2022-12-27, 14:18:
HI, How are you? I've just installed 6.2 version to record some Mt32 OST again. […]
Show full quote

HI,
How are you? I've just installed 6.2 version to record some Mt32 OST again.

I would like to ask you a feature... (I know, no one as me bored you in the past to ask features... btw) as this would be really really useful for me.

Could id be possible to have an automated Batch recording for single track? (when file in the playlist are finished playlist start again recording the next channel...)
This would be really great for me, because I could set a recording before sleep in the night and have materials ready in the morning.
Something which will start from the first channel and looping until the 16 channel...
Maybe an output like this: filename(01...16).wav where only a single channel is recorded in wav.
This would really help me in import 16 different tracks inside reaper and work on single instruments.

Thank you.
Aldo

Hi,
I have added the requested feature. It was more difficult than I expected so it works a little bit differently than you asked. There is a new option in the Record Mode context menu called "Also Make Per Channel Records".
If it's enabled then it works in both Single File and Batch File modes. The full all channel record is always made but if this option is enabled then after the full record per channel records are also created. Only channels with valid Note events are recorded. The recorded per channel files have a postfix of "_Chxx" where xx is the channel number.
https://falcosoft.hu/midiplayer_62_test.zip

HI,
Today I was trying to listen to a single instrument over a whole track trying to make change on the fly inside Reaper, so for the first time i noticed that single instrument track start after about a couple of second and i can not do this but i can only work with all single track. Would it be possible, if this option is checked to have the whole track to start at the same time of the single instrument track?
Thank you and excuse me for bothering again.
Aldo

P.S.: I'm uding this soundtrack:
http://www.mirsoft.info/wogm_download.php?dat … TY4MTgwMjA1OTt9

And I've seen that there's a matter of millisecond / sample? disallineament in the start.... Unfortunately i'm pretty sure this is a midi issue btw...
I've seen track 1 start at 00:00:00:24 in the log viewer, but examinating the wave form in the wave file i've had a confirm of the difference between the start of the file with all channel mixed togheter and all the single channel (playing them all together inside reaper).
In the image, on the top... seems like tracks are not starging all together. In the bottom is a single file with all channel.

Unfortunately I could not reproduce your problem and I do not think I can do anything about this anyway.
1. Make sure that Palylist's right click context menu -> Play from First note is NOT checked.
2. Make sure that Palylist's right click context menu -> Pause between Songs is set to No Pause.
3. Make sure that your system is releatively idle when you make the recordings.
4. Correct the remaining strating time differences in your DAW.

Reply 1426 of 1699, by RetroGC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I recorded with BassMidi to try this, same configuration i used for MIDI out.
Everything fine... so this millisecond could be a midi issue. What i don't understand is why, if i use bassmidi single channels start exactly where they are supposed to star while if I use an external synth single channel tracks have about 4 seconds of silence ahead while the track containing all channels starts point is fine (no seconds added ahead). I don't know if you can investigate this.
Thank you for your support.
Aldo

Reply 1427 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RetroGC wrote on 2023-04-18, 21:58:
I recorded with BassMidi to try this, same configuration i used for MIDI out. Everything fine... so this millisecond could be a […]
Show full quote

I recorded with BassMidi to try this, same configuration i used for MIDI out.
Everything fine... so this millisecond could be a midi issue. What i don't understand is why, if i use bassmidi single channels start exactly where they are supposed to star while if I use an external synth single channel tracks have about 4 seconds of silence ahead while the track containing all channels starts point is fine (no seconds added ahead). I don't know if you can investigate this.
Thank you for your support.
Aldo

It's strange. I have also tried external Midi Out with RANCEMA01.mid from your linked package and could not reproduce your problem.
First, make sure you set the options I have mentioned in my previous post.
Also check the length of the recorded wav files. In my case all the tracks (full and per-channel tracks) are 1:42 long (RANCEMA01_Ch01.wav, RANCEMA01_Ch02.wav etc.).
If yours are different then please, make a video about your recording process.
BTW, you can also try MS GS Soft synth as a reference. It's also an externel Midi Out and from the player's perspective there is no difference. This way you can determine if the problem is related only to your specific external synth or not.

Reply 1428 of 1699, by RetroGC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Falcosoft wrote on 2023-04-18, 13:50:

1. Make sure that Palylist's right click context menu -> Play from First note is NOT checked.

OMG, this was selected 🙁

(But does it takes controller information into consideration? to my ear seems right in my Rance's recording btw better to check.)
With this I've seen that even with bass midi file lenght was different.
I'll try before with pause then without pause.
Thank you very much.

Upgrade 1:
I've tryed few songs, without start from the first note, and with and without pause (with external synth).
I've different wav file size in all the cases (and unfortunately i think a little disallienament in start). I've done this with external synth as I've seen I've this situations with bass midi too yesterday (but without your settings). Now I'm recording first track with bass midi too and with your suggested settings. As I've done I'll post a foto with the file's size.
PC I Use is a dedicated PC, No internet connetion and no antivirus, windows 7 with (black viper?) registry Optimization.

Aldo

Reply 1429 of 1699, by RetroGC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

hi.
i've checked and with Bass Midi, and your settings, it could happen I've files different in lenght.
For example rance first Track I've 18.096.922 byte
For single channels, same thing but Channel 3 I've 18.097.454
And i think this is wrong.
Disallineament also appear in other tracks.
Aldo

Reply 1430 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RetroGC wrote on 2023-04-19, 10:45:
hi. i've checked and with Bass Midi, and your settings, it could happen I've files different in lenght. For example rance first […]
Show full quote

hi.
i've checked and with Bass Midi, and your settings, it could happen I've files different in lenght.
For example rance first Track I've 18.096.922 byte
For single channels, same thing but Channel 3 I've 18.097.454
And i think this is wrong.
Disallineament also appear in other tracks.
Aldo

I'm not talking about byte/file size but track length in time!
When I wrote this:

Also check the length of the recorded wav files. In my case all the tracks (full and per-channel tracks) are 1:42 long (RANCEMA01_Ch01.wav, RANCEMA01_Ch02.wav etc.).

I referred to '1:42' as 1 minute 42 seconds.

@Edit: I asked this since you mentioned that your per-channel track records started 4 seconds later ("4 seconds of silence ahead "). I was wondering if these tracks were also 4 seconds longer or not.

Reply 1431 of 1699, by RetroGC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ahhh ok. Maybe it was because I usually record with 5 seconds pause between songs. Maybe you could leave pause and allow the same start.
It would be great to have exactly the same file in size and lenght because this differences are occasionally usually udible ... maybe it's psycoacustic too but I usually pay attention to this for my channel 🙁
Aldo

P.S.: now I'm trying again with integra connectec with coaxial cable, 44.1 Using EMU WDM Drivers.

Reply 1432 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RetroGC wrote on 2023-04-19, 20:06:
Ahhh ok. Maybe it was because I usually record with 5 seconds pause between songs. Maybe you could leave pause and allow the sa […]
Show full quote

Ahhh ok. Maybe it was because I usually record with 5 seconds pause between songs. Maybe you could leave pause and allow the same start.
It would be great to have exactly the same file in size and lenght because this differences are occasionally usually udible ... maybe it's psycoacustic too but I usually pay attention to this for my channel 🙁
Aldo

P.S.: now I'm trying again with integra connectec with coaxial cable, 44.1 Using EMU WDM Drivers.

Windows is not a real-time OS. All of its timers have a jitter and in case of multi-threading together with async/buffered file writes the exact same recording size is practically impossible. In case of 48000 Hz 16-bit stereo wav files exactly same byte sizes would require more than 0.01 millisecond precision. Even 1 ms is not realistic.

Reply 1433 of 1699, by RetroGC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've recorded track 6 now.
I can see in the log viewer, that's 1:48:00 exactly.
The track generated with full channel is exactly 1:48:00
All the single channel are longer, varying from 1:48:088 tp 1:48:125
(P.S.: a lot of channel has exactly the same lenght... just an hope that they could be all the same...)
37ms
But for example. 1st note at 0:21 in midi files, starts abount at 026 in wav multichannel BUT in single channel wav, start ad 037 in channel 1, and in 0378 in channel 2, and this make them not aligned 🙁 about 8ms.. too much.
But single channel, always starts late (about 10/15ms) than the multitrack channel.
That's all, just to reporting, maybe this could help.
Aldo

Reply 1434 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RetroGC wrote on 2023-04-19, 22:32:
I've recorded track 6 now. I can see in the log viewer, that's 1:48:00 exactly. The track generated with full channel is exactly […]
Show full quote

I've recorded track 6 now.
I can see in the log viewer, that's 1:48:00 exactly.
The track generated with full channel is exactly 1:48:00
All the single channel are longer, varying from 1:48:088 tp 1:48:125
(P.S.: a lot of channel has exactly the same lenght... just an hope that they could be all the same...)
37ms
But for example. 1st note at 0:21 in midi files, starts abount at 026 in wav multichannel BUT in single channel wav, start ad 037 in channel 1, and in 0378 in channel 2, and this make them not aligned 🙁 about 8ms.. too much.
But single channel, always starts late (about 10/15ms) than the multitrack channel.
That's all, just to reporting, maybe this could help.
Aldo

Sorry , there's nothing I can do.

Reply 1435 of 1699, by realnc

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RetroGC wrote on 2023-04-19, 22:32:

Disable CPU power saving mode (on Windows, switch to the "High Performance" power profile) and see if that helps. Latencies are usually higher when the CPU is allowed to enter low power modes.

Reply 1436 of 1699, by RetroGC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

HI,
Thank you for your help. I've no power saving at all on the PC dedicated to OST recording. OK, it's not a greater Hardware BTW , it's just for recording audio.

Falcosoft wrote on 2023-04-19, 22:52:

Sorry , there's nothing I can do.

I would like to ask, just if I'll enter in paranoid mode and I would like to do multiple recording.
If I decide to solo a Channel and I'll start to record some midi files, can you mantain solo channel selected when playlist go ahead?
When playlist go ahead to next file solo channel will be unselected.
Thank you.
Aldo

Reply 1437 of 1699, by DOSShark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello and thanks for the nice software you wrote.
Id like to ask if it would be possible to have more than 4 VST slots. Id like to add some more visualisation plugins. These slots could be used just to have spectrum analyzers running or peak meters.
These visualisation plugins would only need input and their output could be ignored because they dont really change the audio.

Thanks for your time 😀.

Reply 1438 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DOSShark wrote on 2023-05-05, 15:56:
Hello and thanks for the nice software you wrote. Id like to ask if it would be possible to have more than 4 VST slots. Id like […]
Show full quote

Hello and thanks for the nice software you wrote.
Id like to ask if it would be possible to have more than 4 VST slots. Id like to add some more visualisation plugins. These slots could be used just to have spectrum analyzers running or peak meters.
These visualisation plugins would only need input and their output could be ignored because they dont really change the audio.

Thanks for your time 😀.

OK, in a few days hopefully I will have free time to add more effect slots (I think 8 would be a reasonable new limit).
BTW, there is no architectural difference between normal effect and visualization VST plugins. Visualization plugins also have to produce float sample outputs. The output samples can be the same as the input samples. The output from visualization plugins cannot be ignored since later plugins in the chain could not get sample data.

Reply 1439 of 1699, by dj.ti

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi

I have small sugestions to "BassMidiVsti.dll". I'ts possible to add option for XG standard and add more than five banks or add them dynamically ? Now only works GS standard. If I change LSB on midi out i see greyed label out and nothing change in banks.

Best Regards