VOGONS

Peixoto's patches for a few old games

Topic actions

Reply 400 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
DJ Full wrote:
Hello there. Windows 10 Home 64, GeForce GTX-670, Ryzen 1700. Got a similar issue with Tomb 2 but slightly different, maybe it c […]
Show full quote
Xpresso wrote:

when I want to run any Tomb Raider I get Unable to find or load C/: Users/... /Peixoto/peixoto.dll-126

Hello there. Windows 10 Home 64, GeForce GTX-670, Ryzen 1700.
Got a similar issue with Tomb 2 but slightly different, maybe it can cast some more light on it.
First I get "Failed to load D3Dx9_43.dll, some features will not work, make sure DirectX is up to date"
then I get "Unable to find or load (here my folder path to peixoto)\peixoto.dll-126"
I downloaded the patch few times, installed vcredist 2008, both x86 and x64, pasted d3dx9_43.dll.
I see tomb2.exe window opens but it closes as soon as I dismiss those error messages.
I read in earlier posts directx files are now a part of windows sdk, should I do something with that?

EDIT: OK I just noticed I got the link from this thread here, I thought it would be the latest one.
Now got one from tombraiderforums and it seems to work. However this happens instead.
https://youtu.be/fGT4s7CCOlg

Any link on the Tomb Raider foruns that doesn't link to this thread is not up to date.
Dependencies of the current version are are:
- vc redist 2010 (you probablly already have)
- vc redist 2015
- DirectX june 2010 or latter (That it not part of windows 10. Win 10 has some DirectX APIs, but not all of them)
Failure to load peixoto.dll is either becuse you are missing vc 2015 or your antivirus has quarentined it
If the problem in the video is the missing textures, thats because you are activating the texture search function: "i" or "u" by default (i don'r remember).
Change the key binds for the texture search function or in the game

Reply 401 of 890, by Sieis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Love the work you've done here Peixoto.

But I have a question about the Deinterlaced FMV feature for TR3. Is there something I have to enable for this to work? As it is, the patch isn't doing anything to the FMV in-game (aside from allowing me to scale it, which produces even worse looking scanlines) so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. The patch is working with regards to everything else though (widescreen etc)

Ordinarily I would simply replace the FMV with higher quality mp4 versions rendered by members of the TR community (as I have done with TR2) but unfortunately all of the TR3 efforts exhibit sound desyncing issues.

Of course there is the chance that I have misunderstood all of this and that the ability to replace the FMVs with mp4 files actually IS what the "deinterlaced FMVs" feature means?

Cheers.

Reply 402 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Sieis wrote:
Love the work you've done here Peixoto. […]
Show full quote

Love the work you've done here Peixoto.

But I have a question about the Deinterlaced FMV feature for TR3. Is there something I have to enable for this to work? As it is, the patch isn't doing anything to the FMV in-game (aside from allowing me to scale it, which produces even worse looking scanlines) so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. The patch is working with regards to everything else though (widescreen etc)

Ordinarily I would simply replace the FMV with higher quality mp4 versions rendered by members of the TR community (as I have done with TR2) but unfortunately all of the TR3 efforts exhibit sound desyncing issues.

Of course there is the chance that I have misunderstood all of this and that the ability to replace the FMVs with mp4 files actually IS what the "deinterlaced FMVs" feature means?

Cheers.

Deinterlaced FMVs is ON by default, post your log please.

A for HQ FMVs, see this:
Peixoto's patches for a few old games

Reply 403 of 890, by Sieis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

LOG as requested.

Peixotos's patch remote settings: #args: setup 32bit: 1 ;compatlayer: WinXPSp2 AF: 1 CompatLayer: HIGHDPIAWARE Controller: […]
Show full quote

Peixotos's patch remote settings:
#args: setup
32bit: 1
;compatlayer: WinXPSp2
AF: 1
CompatLayer: HIGHDPIAWARE
Controller: A=1;B=2;X=3;Y=4;LEFT_SHOULDER=5;RIGHT_SHOULDER=6;bLeftTrigger=7;bRightTrigger=8;Start=9;Back=10;LEFT_THUMB=11;RIGHT_THUMB=12;deadzone=0.15;
D3D: 2
D3D_Driver: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_38c9bee769f9ef1f\nvldumd.dll
dshow: 1
EDMFix: 1
error_log: C:\Users\Sie\Desktop\Peixoto\error.log
FMV_scale: 2.2
HD: 1
injector_dir: C:\Users\Sie\Desktop\Peixoto
max_4x3_res: 1280x960
modspath: C:\Users\Sie\Documents\Games\TombRaider3\mods
Mydocs: C:\Users\Sie\Documents
NEFS: 1
os_version: 10.000000
resolutions_list: 640x480 720x480 720x576 800x600 1024x768 1152x864 1176x664 1280x720 1280x768 1280x800 1280x960 1280x1024 1360x768 1366x768 1600x900 1600x1024 1680x1050 1768x992 1920x1080 1440x900
script: scripts\Tomb2.ahk
script_hwnd: 0x180d50
singlecore: 1
target: F:\Tomb Raider Classics\Tomb Raider III\tomb3.exe
target_dir: F:\Tomb Raider Classics\Tomb Raider III
target_name: tomb3.exe
Textswap: path=C:\Users\Sie\Documents\Games\TombRaider3\Textures;samples=4;thumbnail=256;Next=];Prev=[;dump=p;Switch=i;color_switch=o;mips=1;

CreateProcessA Hook: 0
CreateProcessW Hook: 0
Succedeed to create the DirectShow interfaces
Succeeded to hook IVideoWindow::SetWindowPosition
Succeeded to hook IMediaControl::Run
Succeeded to create the DirectInput Interfaces
Succeeded to create the DirectInput Interfaces
Succeeded to create the DirectInput8 Interfaces
Succeeded to create the DirectInput8 Interfaces
Succeeded to hook IDirectInputDeviceW::GetDeviceState
Succeeded to hook IDirectInputDevice8W::GetDeviceState
Succeeded to hook IDirectInputDeviceA::GetCapabilities
Desktop 1920x1080
Direct3D user mode driver implemented in C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_38c9bee769f9ef1f\nvldumd.dll
OpenAdapter Hook 0
DDraw.dll : C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DDRAW.dll
DirectDrawCreate Hook: 0
Succeeded to create DirectDraw
Succeeded to create Direct3D
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw2::CreateSurface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::CreateSurface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::restore
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice2::EndScene
Succeeded to hook IDirect3D2::CreateDevice
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::Blt
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::Lock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::UnLock
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::GetHandle
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::Release
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::Load
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice2::SetRenderState
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::EnumDisplayModes
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::SetDisplayMode
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw2::SetDisplayMode
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport2::SetViewPort2
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport2::Clear
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice2::DrawPrimitive
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::GetDisplayMode
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::QueryInterface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::GetPixelFormat
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::GetSurfaceDesc
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::GetDC
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::ReleaseDC
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::SetPalette
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawPalette::SetEntries
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawPalette::GetEntries
Succeeded to unhook IDirectDrawSurface::Lock
Succeeded to unhook IDirectDrawSurface::UnLock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::Bltfast
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::SetCooperativeLevel
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw2::SetCooperativeLevel
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::flip
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::GetAttachedSurface
FileHooks 0
CreateFileA_Hook Hook : 0 <- 0 means no error
IDirect3DDevice2::DrawPrimitive is already hooked
IDirectDrawSurface::QueryInterface is already hooked
Method BeginScene is not hooked yet
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice2::BeginScene
Releasing Clipper 0
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::lock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::Unlock
Dev 68913704 se 68774552 sx 304 68774552
Releasing Clipper 0
Releasing Clipper 0
Dev 69051704 se 68774672 sx 304 68774672
Releasing Clipper 0
Releasing Clipper 0
Releasing Clipper 0
Dev 69125344 se 68774672 sx 304 68774672
Dev 69159296 se 68774528 sx 304 68774528
Dev 69164512 se 68774624 sx 304 68774624

As you'll see in the log, I've used an FMV scale of 2.2 here just to highlight the issue a bit easier. Here is a screenshot of what they look like in-game.

p05BKJ0.png

Reply 404 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Sieis wrote:
LOG as requested. […]
Show full quote

LOG as requested.

As you'll see in the log, I've used an FMV scale of 2.2 here just to highlight the issue a bit easier. Here is a screenshot of what they look like in-game.

p05BKJ0.png

Well, at 1st i thought it was a problem with the pixel shader, but its not. Try the half pixel offset option. On the weekend i'll try some more to see if i can reproduce this bug

Reply 405 of 890, by Sieis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Peixoto wrote:

Well, at 1st i thought it was a problem with the pixel shader, but its not. Try the half pixel offset option. On the weekend i'll try some more to see if i can reproduce this bug

Just tried with the half pixel option enabled with no luck. The scanlines remain.

Reply 406 of 890, by UserCroft

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I'm having problems with TR2 Gold related to Peixoto's Patch. The main problem is that the Widescreen and Transparent Menu is not working. I do not think Patch is working. I've set up the '' Tomb Raider 2 Gold '' script correctly and I can open the game seamlessly with Patch, but no changes are seen. If this helps here is error.log:

Peixotos's patch remote settings:
#args: setup
32bit: 1
;compatlayer: WinXPSP2
AF: 1
Controller: A=1;B=2;X=3;Y=4;LEFT_SHOULDER=5;RIGHT_SHOULDER=6;bLeftTrigger=7;bRightTrigger=8;start=9;back=10;LEFT_THUMB=11;RIGHT_THUMB=12;
D3D: 2
D3D_Driver: nvd3dum.dll
deadzone: 0.25
dshow: 1
error_log: C:\Users\UserCroft\Documents\Peixoto\Peixoto\error.log
FMV_scale: 1
HBdr: 1
injector_dir: C:\Users\UserCroft\Documents\Peixoto\Peixoto
macros: Up,Down,Left,Right,end,alt,space,ctrl,del,PgDn,shift,numpad0,esc,/,8,9,Up,Down,Left,Right
max_4x3_res: 1280x960
modspath: C:\Users\UserCroft\Documents\Games\TombRaider2(Gold)\mods
Mydocs: C:\Users\UserCroft\Documents
os_version: 6.100000
resolutions_list: 640x480 720x480 720x576 800x600 1024x768 1152x864 1280x720 1280x768 1280x800 1280x960 1280x1024 1920x1080
script: Scripts\Tomb2.ahk
script_hwnd: 0x280018
singlecore: 1
target: C:\Program Files (x86)\Core Design\Tomb Raider II (Gold) - The Golden Mask\t2gold.exe
target_dir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Core Design\Tomb Raider II (Gold) - The Golden Mask
target_name: t2gold.exe
Textswap: path=C:\Users\UserCroft\Documents\Games\TombRaider2(Gold)\textures;samples=4;thumbnail=256;Next=];Prev=[;dump=p;Switch=i;color_switch=o;nopopins=1;Quick=;

CreateProcessA Hook: 0
CreateProcessW Hook: 0
Desktop 1280x720
Direct3D user mode driver implemented in nvd3dum.dll
OpenAdapter Hook 0
DDraw.dll : C:\Windows\system32\DDRAW.dll
DirectDrawCreate Hook: 0
Succeeded to create DirectDraw
Succeeded to create Direct3D
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::CreateSurface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::restore
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice2::EndScene
Succeeded to hook IDirect3D2::CreateDevice
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::GetHandle
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::Release
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::Load
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice2::SetRenderState
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::SetDisplayMode
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw2::SetDisplayMode
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::flip
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::GetDisplayMode
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::QueryInterface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::GetPixelFormat
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::GetSurfaceDesc
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::GetDC
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::ReleaseDC
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::SetPalette
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawPalette::SetEntries
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawPalette::GetEntries
Succeeded to unhook IDirectDrawSurface::Lock

Any suggestions for correction?

Reply 407 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
UserCroft wrote:

Hi, I'm having problems with TR2 Gold related to Peixoto's Patch. The main problem is that the Widescreen and Transparent Menu is not working.
Any suggestions for correction?

It's your tr2gold.exe executable. Use the one suggested in the help

Reply 409 of 890, by PittStone

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, i have a Problem with "Resident Evil 2 Sourcenext" and the Peixoto's Patch with the English translation Patch. Its worked with the translated "RE2.exe", but after go in the Gunshop on Start of the Game, the Game crashes. If i load the untranslated "BIO2.exe" the Game not Crash and i can play. Looks like the Translated EXE has a Error.

Reply 410 of 890, by cloudhaacker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey Peixoto I haven't been on in a while - I've been trying to get my Resident Evil 1 to work right for quite a while, haven't been on to say anything for a few months though. The problem I'm having with RE1 is anything with "transparency" or depth has black boxes around it - for instance the dining hall every light on the wall has a black box, the table I walk around has black boxes around it - even the main menu has a black box around it. If I try to run the game from the newuer.exe on it's own, not through the patch, the same thing happens. However, if you run it through a shortcut with the /nocard1 option, and select 640 x 480 windowed mode and hardware 3d (whatever it's called 🤣) the black boxes are gone, just no benefits from your patch obviously. Is there some way of having your patch run the game at desktop resolution but windowed? I just wonder if that would fix the problem I'm having. I can post a screenshot showing what I mean if that helps, or if you need a api trace I can do that (you might have to remind me how to do it, I swear the last time I tried I couldn't get it to work). Whenever you have time to look at it, I'd appreciate it, or if it's not possible, no big whoop either, I just appreciate all the time and effort you've put into this. Thanks!

Reply 411 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Sieis wrote:
Peixoto wrote:

Just tried with the half pixel option enabled with no luck. The scanlines remain.

Finally reproduced and solved this problem. just wait fort the next update

cloudhaacker wrote:

You can add:
NEFS=True
in the ini file to force the game to run in a fullscreen borderless window, but i doubt it will solve the problem. The /nocard option solves it because with in the game runs in software

What happens if you use dgVoodoo?

Reply 412 of 890, by cloudhaacker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If I add the NEFS=True I get a weird black box in the middle of the videos and still the same problem with the game. I've tried messing with the dgvoodoo to see if that would help, and the best I can get with that is all the prerendered backgrounds become black and just the objects that had black around them show 🤣. But if I try to use the dgvoodoo files with your patch I get nothing but black screens with the dgvoodoo logo in the corner and sound, no picture. What a weird problem! 🤣 I just love this campy version of the game, I have the HD remake too but I love to fire this one up sometimes for fun.

Reply 413 of 890, by cloudhaacker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay, further testing - I got dgvoodoo to work but the videos won't display when using dgvoodoo, and it the game works with your patch (without the videos as well)....but when using your patch it runs tiny in the corner, changing resolution doesn't make it bigger, I even tried windows magnifier 🤣 and it wouldn't zoom in on it. So we're getting closer! Dgvoodoo only works when using "ATI Radeon 8500" I even tried changing the resolution in dgvoodoo and that doesn't seem to help in your patch, just when running from the neweur.exe. So any more help you can think of Peixoto? Thanks again!

Reply 414 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
cloudhaacker wrote:

Okay, further testing - I got dgvoodoo to work but the videos won't display when using dgvoodoo, and it the game works with your patch (without the videos as well)....but when using your patch it runs tiny in the corner, changing resolution doesn't make it bigger, I even tried windows magnifier 🤣 and it wouldn't zoom in on it. So we're getting closer! Dgvoodoo only works when using "ATI Radeon 8500" I even tried changing the resolution in dgvoodoo and that doesn't seem to help in your patch, just when running from the neweur.exe. So any more help you can think of Peixoto? Thanks again!

OK, but toes it solve the transparency problem?

Reply 415 of 890, by cloudhaacker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry I guess I didn't clarify 🤣 yes, dgvoodoo solves the transparency problem. If I set the resolution to 1080p in dgvoodoo the 3d models look more like the ones I get with your patch. So the transparency problem is fixed with dgvoodoo, but while using it there are no videos. 😀 Thanks - I hope you have an idea to fix the videos!

Reply 416 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
cloudhaacker wrote:

Sorry I guess I didn't clarify 🤣 yes, dgvoodoo solves the transparency problem. If I set the resolution to 1080p in dgvoodoo the 3d models look more like the ones I get with your patch. So the transparency problem is fixed with dgvoodoo, but while using it there are no videos. 😀 Thanks - I hope you have an idea to fix the videos!

I'm not gonna try to make my stuff compatible with dgvoodoo right now, but now that i'm sure the problem is the api, not the game, i have a better chance to fix it. An trace file would be helpfull

Reply 417 of 890, by cloudhaacker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

okay, I can do an api trace, I'll look through the topic to refresh myself how to do it. Do I need to do the api trace while using the dgvoodoo files, or do I need to do the trace while using your patch? Thanks again for your help - your such a good person to help us all! 😀

Reply 418 of 890, by cloudhaacker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, I'm not having any luck getting the api trace to work. If I use the 32 bit version of the api trace dll the game crashes as soon as it starts, it makes a trace file but I don't know that anything would be there because the game never loads. If I use the 64 bit version of the api trace dll, the game runs but no trace file is made. I guess peixoto all I can say right now is the dgvoodoo works, and if I take it out of fullscreen the videos play, but really tiny (probably runs at the default resolution) I found a website about dgvoodoo that says the reason this specific model of "graphics card" works is because of this - I'll just copy and paste it, maybe it will help you?

From this website - http://dege.freeweb.hu/Gallery/DXGamesGallery.html

"This game should be run with the 'ATI 8500' preset because it has problems with the presence of paletted texture support.
Forcing the game into high resolution gives nice rendering of the 3D-characters, however the 2D backgrounds remain low-res and pixelated."

If there's anything you can change in your patch that's great, if not I understand. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. I appreciate all you do either way! Thanks! 😀

Reply 419 of 890, by Hardcore

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello guys. 😀
Finally got Resident Evil 1 working with your patch. Thank you soooooooooooooooooo much! There is just one thing annoying me. It's about the fmv's. On fmv scale 1.0 or beneath there is no cutscene to see but the sound plays. On fmv scale 1.1 and higher I can see a little bit of the cutscenes outside a black box in the middle of the screen. There is always the black box in the middle of the screen in the size of fmv-scale 1.0. It starts the game with Creative 3D Blaster (Rendition) graphics card. Any ideas?

Edit: Lol. Just saw some posts before mine that other people got the same problem with the black box as well. 😁 But for me it's just the video. The gameplay-graphic is perfect.
So I've just taken a screenshot to show it to you. I don't know if images are allowed in this forum, so here is the link: http://fs1.directupload.net/images/181003/38jimrsk.jpg
It's a screenshot from the beginning of the intro-fmv.
Without your patch (playing with system memory, normal ResidentEvil.exe), the fmv's are running without the blackbox.

Edit2: Played a bit Resident Evil 1 now. When I try to take the Botany Book, I get an error and the game breaks up:

Debug Assertion Failed! Program: C:\PROGRA~2\CAPCOM\RESIDE~3\NEWEUR.exe File: fopen.c […]
Show full quote

Debug Assertion Failed!
Program: C:\PROGRA~2\CAPCOM\RESIDE~3\NEWEUR.exe
File: fopen.c

Expression: *file != _T('\0')

For information on how your program can cause an assertion
failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.

(Press Retry to debug the application)

There are 3 Buttons: Abort, Retry and Ignore. No matter what I do then, the game breaks up.

Reproducable. Guess it's not so important but I hope it can be fixed or at least there are not more errors like this. Or do I have forgotten to copy an important file to the Game Directory?

Edit: Just removed the patch-files and restarted Peixoto's Help.exe with the standard Resident Evil.exe. Now I can collect all Files and the language keeps german. So it was clearly a language error. Just a problem with language of the patch and the original language.