First post, by t9999clint
Want to run this on a Raspberry Pi? Go here... WavePi: Use Raspberry pi (2/3/4) as a AIO MIDI synth
I through some unknown urge I have started up a soundfont project.
The goal is to have the best possible midi sound that can come out of a synthesizer. Size is not of any concern for me, quality is my only goal!
For this project I'm working on making sf2 files bassmidi compatible. Mostly so they will work with Zoltan's excellent program, Falcosoft MidiPlayer. I'm always looking to improve this soundfont, if you have any complaints or suggestions feel free to leave some feedback in the comments.
- I've only used samples from places with compatible licenses to to GPL with a exception to allow the music made from this to be sold for $$$.
What does this mean? Do what you want with this, You can also make your own version of this soundfont, as long as you license it in a similar manner.
I'm working on moving this all over to CC0 which would remove almost all limitations, but I still need to find some replacements for some of the GPL samples I'm using
- I'm releasing these in two formats, SF2 and SFOGG. SF2 is uncompressed and very large, this is basically the "sourcecode" for the thing. SFOGG is a custom format used by FalcoSoft MIDIPlayer (based off of SF2Pack). It's WAAAAY smaller for 95% the same quality. I used to release SF3 format files too, but there's something wrong with the conversion process that I can't seem to fix so I'm dropping that format for now.
I will be grouping this soundfont project into separate patch banks to make things easy to configure for compatibility. most video games will only sound right with the GM complete soundfont but some may require additional patches to get the full sounds out of the midi data. At some point I may make a compatibility list, but that'll have to wait till after SC88 patch set is done
THE K.O.R. GM COMPLETE SOUNDFONT V.5.0
- This is a GM complete and tuned soundfont that I've tried to loosely model after how the Roland SC-VA sounds, but using real instrument samples whenever possible, despite this it's not really GM/GS compatible yet, but it's pretty close.
I've tested it with several MS-DOS and early windows games and they seem to work without issue (Tyrian, Decent, DOOM, WarCraft, Duke Nukem 3D, FF7, etc...).
This is a all in one pack that will work fine for just about everything that's following the GM or XG standard. This patch set is tuned to be under 2gb as well as the most GM compatible and has lost some of it's realistic edge because of this. I've had to do things like leave out stereo samples, or pre-render certain instruments to keep the size and complexity down.
THE K.O.R. Orchestra Addon V.2.1
- This is a addon pack for the GM Complete soundfont. It has higher quality samples and a few more variations of different instruments. For now I've also included the choir instruments, but I will be spinning this off to it's own add-on when I start working on improving vocal side of things.
THE K.O.R. GM BASIC SOUNDFONT V.0.7
- This is a sample reduced version of the GM Complete soundfont. Most of the instruments are unchanged, but any instrument that uses an excessive amount of samples has been rewritten or entirely resampled to be more simplistic. The main goal of this soundfont is to be under 800mb. This should greatly increase the compatibility of soundfont capable programs/games and hopefully it should work on ARM cpu's like the one on a MiSTer or Raspberry Pi (I'm still testing this). While most games sound worse than the complete/orchestra combination, some games like Tyrian and Decent actually sound best while using this one instead.
THE K.O.R. GM TINY SOUNDFONT V.0.9
- This is a sample reduced version of the GM Basic soundfont. Basically the same as the Basic soundfont but the goal is to be under 500mb instead (not quite there yet). Most of the work on getting this one so small was done by the Strix Soundfont Team. Thanks again for the help. This soundfont has been tweaked to work well with FluidSynth and BassMidi, I see no reason why it shouldn't work with other software as well.
- The Files in this list were used to make my soundfonts. They are all either GPL or CC0 for license
Orchestra Samples - http://vis.versilstudios.net/vsco-community.html
Orchestra Samples - http://virtualplaying.com/virtual-playing-orchestra/
Orchestra and SFX Samples - https://musescore.org/en/node/96896
Reverb code, Drums and Synth Samples - https://musescore.org/en/node/269869
Keyboard and SFX Samples - http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=351893
Guitar and Sax Samples - http://www.karoryfer.com/
Guitar and Piano Samples- http://freepats.zenvoid.org/
Guitar Samples - http://www.flamestudios.org/
Guitar Samples - https://sites.google.com/site/soundfonts4u/
Various samples for SC88 and SFX - https://sites.google.com/site/strixsoundfont/home
Various samples for symphonic instruments - https://musescore.org/en/node/278859
VIDEO DEMO OF SOUNDFONT IN ACTION
SOUNDCLOUD LINK WITH SAMPLE MUSIC
- Current Version - https://downloads.kor.ninja/Music/korfontproject/?dir=tiny
Old Versions - https://downloads.kor.ninja/Music/korfontproj … t/?dir=old/tiny
- Current Version - https://downloads.kor.ninja/Music/korfontproject/?dir=basic
Old Versions - https://downloads.kor.ninja/Music/korfontproj … /?dir=old/basic
- Current Version - https://downloads.kor.ninja/Music/korfontproj … t/?dir=complete
Old Versions - https://downloads.kor.ninja/Music/korfontproj … ir=old/complete
- Current Version - https://downloads.kor.ninja/Music/korfontproj … /?dir=orchestra
Old Versions - https://downloads.kor.ninja/Music/korfontproj … r=old/orchestra
*other old versions*
I'm always working on various projects and this one is probably one of my more active ones. More money will mean less time I have to spend doing odd jobs to pay rent, and more time spent on this.
PayPal Donate Link - https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s- … HQXG&source=url
Patreon Donate Link - https://www.patreon.com/KORNinja