VOGONS

Reply 40 of 44, by vvbee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sounds good, and good that the docs were enough to get you going. It's just the nature of free open source that you need to do some legwork. I spent maybe 100 hours over just two weeks preparing the latest couple versions, so imagine having to do even more work.

Any version of VCS from maybe two years back should come with a compatible pre-built OpenCV dll, so you only need the OpenCV headers as long as you have that previous VCS. You could probably do a 64-bit build without changing anything but the couple required libraries (and 64-bit Qt + compiler).

Reply 41 of 44, by happy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
lushen124 wrote on 2021-04-10, 22:38:

After a few hours of trial and error, I finally was able to build a version that works. I will say that the instructions are likely inadequate for somebody that isn't already familiar with software development and tracking down old versions of OpenCV and MinGW isn't particularly straightforward either. In the end, I had to resort to manually building OpenCV 3.2 in an x86 flavor (needing to find and use CMake to do so) because the available download for this only has a x64 flavor in the download. I ran through two different versions of MinGW until I found one that worked with the appropriate posix libraries for Windows. Maybe it's worth writing a bit more on the build instructions, at least for setting up in a Windows environment.

In any case, I still want to thank you for writing up this application for interfacing with the Datapath Vision line of capture cards.

Any chance you could share your built version?
I tried building this now for a couple of hours but no luck. I have no experience with this tool chain. At least for me the information on github and comments here are not enough to get me going.

Reply 42 of 44, by vvbee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
happy wrote on 2021-07-18, 13:48:

Any chance you could share your built version?
I tried building this now for a couple of hours but no luck. I have no experience with this tool chain. At least for me the information on github and comments here are not enough to get me going.

For building OpenCV, see if the answer over at https://answers.opencv.org/question/122696/is … -32bit-windows/ helps. VCS uses the "world" version of OpenCV (BUILD_opencv_world).

Reply 43 of 44, by vvbee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The binary's again now hosted on GitHub, https://github.com/leikareipa/vcs/releases, since the server isn't coming back any time soon. Keep in mind it's an evaluation version. If you continue using it, you're required to leave ten bucks on a bench next time you go out. If that's illegal in your area then you need to find a legal way.

Reply 44 of 44, by happy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I had found the link for building cmake before but apparently used a too new cmake. I managed to compile everything in the meantime. But thank you for hosting the binaries again! Your tool makes a big difference in quality with my VisionRGB-PRO1