First post, by dondiego
RUDE 3.1.0 pre-release 10
RUDE is a fork of Chocolate Doom 3.0.0 with some stuff from Crispy Doom.
The name is some kind of play on words and stands for Romero's Ultimate Doom Engine and
it's another tribute to John Romero. Easy to understand if you know my Romero's Heresy II
project for Heretic. 😀
It's a strong limit removing port aiming to fix game breaking bugs and prevent crashes while
remaining faithful to the original executables. There are a few new gameplay features too.
It's somewhere in the middle between Chocolate Doom and Crispy.
Please refer to the Chocolate Doom documentation.
* Widescreen support both zoomed view and real wide (bits from Russian Doom and Crispy).
* UI centering for widescreen (mostly taken from Crispy).
* Enable loading 16 bit RIFF wavs in .wads (SmileTheory).
* Doom 1.0 and 1.1 emulation (SmileTheory).
* Draw the player mugshot with max view.
* Supports SIGIL (even multiplayer), E1M4b and E1M8b (Crispy).
* Extended setup to support SIGIL and new features. Can warp to title.
* There's a new 'Unholy massacre' skill level (-skill 6). 😁 Double monsters, lesser health pickups,
zombiemen got a point blank attack, pistol with increased accuracy and damage, bumped minimum damage
dealt for punch and you can eat gore when very low on health.
* Replaced the Unholy Massacre title graphic. Thanks JNechaevsky!
* Doom: remove SPECHIT limit (Crispy).
* Doom: entirely remove INTERCEPTS limit (fixes all-ghosts bug).
* Heretic: entirely remove INTERCEPTS and SPECHIT limits (Crispy).
* Got rid of supersized PNGs (Crispy).
* Fixed backpacks from Marshmallow (idea and bits of code):
* Players now can exchange supplies (default backpack key is 'x', default stimpack key is 'c').
* Players drop backpacks with their inventory upon death, you can't drop another one until the
previous one has been picked up tough. They work even in SP.
* Players can only pick up their own backpacks in coop.
* Single player respawn.
* Keep keys and no DM items in Coop options (Marshmallow).
* Spawn double the monsters and take double damage options.
* Classic mode with only Doom 1 monsters for slaughterfest maps and lame players, regular shotgun
* Slow ISA VGA simulation (Trident 9000i).
* New command line parameters for the above: backpack, nodmweapons, keepkeys, sprespawn, 2xmonsters,
xpain, nod2monsters, isa, halfammo.
* Extended demo format while keeping vanilla compatibility, use the -extended parameter to force it.
* Doom 1.2 demo support (SmileTheory).
* Alternative fix for the demo desync accessing menus bug: disable some menus while recording demos
instead of pausing the game at record and playback time.
* Drag and Drop support (Crispy).
* Resurrect cheat with IDDQD (Crispy, works differently here).
* Support for extended nodes (Crispy).
* Autorun key (Crispy).
* The startup console is back and with colored title, works from the Windows command line
(thanks JNechaevsky for hint on colors).
* Fake splitscreen.
* Added LCD gamma fix from Russian Doom using a darker palette by JNechaevsky.
* New 'One thousand deaths await thee' skill level for Heretic. You take double damage, monsters
got half hit points and half ammo for a more dynamic gameplay.
* Removed limits for Heretic (Crispy).
* Fixed boss level ending not triggered if every player is dead in multiplayer.
* Fixed Doom II monster exclusion bug.
* Fixed configuration not being saved for Heretic.
* Support for Ogg, FLAC and MP3 music lumps (Crispy).
* Don't load Boom maps by default, only with the -boom parameter.
* Fixed crash with invalid blockmap (DWHEEL.WAD).
* Many bugfixes from Crispy.
The source is here: https://github.com/drfrag666/chocolate-doom/commits/master