First post, by Qbix
- DOSBox Author
A maintenance release for DOSBox 0.74, which solves the following problems:
- Windows: Fix auto/max cycles algorithm on Windows 7, which helps with stuttering audio.
- Mac OS X: Bring a 64 bit version and improve performance.
- Linux: Fix the 64bit dynrec cpu core and a lot of compilation problems. Add patches for the WINE Team.
The game compatibility should be identical to 0.74.
- Rewrite auto/max cycles algorithm to work better with windows 7, other OSes might benefit as well.
- Update 64bit recompiler to work on OSX and Linux.
- Several improvements to make the recompilers work with newer compilers and add some workarounds about clang confusing itself.
- Fix several variables being the wrong size in the recompiler.
- Support absolute 64 bit addressing. (DRC:64 bit error messages)
- Zero extend data in dynrec core for LLVM compilation/
- Reduce overhead of the Mac version with a lot. Results in a speed increase.
- Replace NV_PixelDataRange with the more common ARB_PixelBufferObject extension. Should help with output=opengl.
- Reuse graphics window if possible instead of always creating a new one!
- Add patches to work better when called by WINE:
- support WINE style namemangling.
- allow Z:\ to be moved to a different drive.
- Try to fix stuttering audio with opengl output on Linux. (or at least improve it. Linux users might need to increase the prebuffer option a bit)
- Fix automake and autoconf problems.
- Fix problems related to packed struct layouts.
- Fix compilation on gcc 4.4 and gcc 4.6.1.
- Fix compilation with -DPIC.
- Hopefully fix crash on shutdown, when unknown condition is encountered.
- Fix -lto with gcc.
- Fix clang compliation with asm fpu core.
- Fix mapper crash on startup and when changing the mapper key.
- Fix compilation in VS2015.
- Fix compilation on mingw64.
- Fix compilation on Frisbee and newer clang.
- Fix compilation machines that have X11 libraries installed, but use a SDL without X11.
- Fix a few problems relating to video capturing:
- Writing out the index too often. (slowdown with longer captures)
- Not being aware of when only the refresh rate changed.
- Fix call order when bitshifting the return order (VS C /O2 builds).
- Fix sign-extension error in S3 draw funcion, i.e. win3.1 analog clock.
- Fix expanddot not caring about the size of the inputbuffer.
- Some fixes for the debugger related to starting a program through debug.com.
- Bring OS/2 port code up to date.
- Reduce the amount of warning when compiling with quite a bit.
- Allow 15/26/32 bits input to the opengl output.
- Add cmd-q as exit key for macs.
- Fix icon and titlebar on very old setups.
- Fix off by one display size calculation errors with very large displays.
- Fix out of bounds access the unused byte in the 32 bit colour value of the hardware mouse cursor pixel was affected.
- Fix depreciated warnings on Mac, allow soundfont loading for coreaudio.
- Keep repeating a pressed key if another key was unpressed.
- Fix crash on OS X related to putting junk in the titlebar.
- Extend fullresolution=0x0 to work on Linux and Mac.
- Change gameblaster and tandy sound core to latest mame version.
- Improve numlock and capslock support on Linux and Macs. Still not perfect on Windows.
- Added even more code to workaround Windows behaving weirdly with alt-tab.
We have saved all game fixes for the upcoming 0.75 release, which will enter regression testing soon. This release has been created so you can go back to 0.74-2, in case we happen to break your favourite game in 0.75.
Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!