VOGONS

Reply 20 of 32, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Stiletto wrote:

Question for Colin: Would it insult your sensibilities to ask you to add code that detects the browser-ID for the viewer of the compatibility list, and loads appropriate browser-appropriate front-ends to the compatibility list? It would be challenging, maybe even an interesting project, and would not "cripple" the database for Mozilla - overall, it would be an "enhancement."

The list is still beta, so why not? 😀

Okay, you boys keep your discussion rational now or I'm locking this post (not that it would affect Colin as an admin).

Colin, what about my question?

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 21 of 32, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well, I did a crappy hack jobber on it for now. It works in IE and Mozilla, albeit uglily. It would be quick business to do an extra bit of server-side style programming based on the user's browser, but that has two problems:

• One, some browsers lie
  • Two, I need to actually do it 😜

In any case, I'll probably do it so it doesn't look crapperific on Moz.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 24 of 32, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

BUG!
The apostrophe character ' is not parsed correctly. Any game name with an apostrophe will not be entered. At least in IE6. 😀

New lists to add/combine:
http://home.t-online.de/home/ce-ge/compatib.htm
Nice! Thank you, come again!

http://pc.mobygames.com/attribute/sheet/attributeId,14/
This here should be considered official, since people are adding it off their boxes...

Feature Request: Edit Game Name. I don't care how, just get it done.

😀

I added about 250 games from my/our lists. No status, just the names. There's probably some duplicates, too. Get on the ball, people.

Ow, my wrist hurts... 🙁

Stiletto

Reply 25 of 32, by LSD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Stiletto wrote:

BUG!
The apostrophe character ' is not parsed correctly. Any game name with an apostrophe will not be entered. At least in IE6. 😀

I I recall, thats a PHP issue and not an IE one. PHP Nuke has the same problem, any changes to the preferences will not save until you go through and eliminate the single quotes (replacing them with the proper double wuotes) from the three footer sections.

Wasurenaide...
...watashi ga iru koto o.
Itsudatte soba ni iru yo.

Gentoo. Because everything else is just shit. 😁
Registered Linux user #319839

Reply 26 of 32, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That would truly suck if it's a PHP issue. Colin?

Before the "release" of this list, it would be a good thing to make the searching more robust. Substring search, substring match, multiple substring search, case sensitive/not, wildcard search, exact search, etc. etc. Whatever.

A note about the Mobygames list: for each game, the entries at Mobygames will also have what OTHER APIs they support, if you view the entries. Still, the boxes might be wrong/inaccurate, it might not list what patches do, etc. A project for Colin for the weekend to add those two lists. 😉

Stiletto

Reply 27 of 32, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Get Fabio to convert that to an SQL entry. I'm not going through and doing it. 😜

I would've thought that urlencode() would have fixed the apostrophe problem. Guess I get to addslashes() too. Actually, it was foolish of me to think urlencode() would do it, since it's a mySQL thing, not an HTTP/1.1 thing. Anyway. Yeah.

I disabled the gamename edit intentionally because I did a really bad thing when making the database and it identifies games by their name. *blush* I suppose I could, but I dunno...

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 28 of 32, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

LMK when you've fixed the apostrophe issue.

The gamename issue - please fix/add! I don't want to create a whole new entry and erase a whole other one just to fix a name! Besides, we could add proper names from MobyGames... (should add links anyhow like Vlad's compatibility database).

Oh, and I pm'ed Fabio. If he does it, expect a message from him. 😀

Stiletto

Reply 29 of 32, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You can edit game names now. Also, edit works much better in that it will select the last used option if you don't choose a new one. Mwah. Now I just need to fix the apostrophe thing. That's pretty simple, though.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 30 of 32, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thanks Colin... I hope Fabio does those lists... and about the searching? 😉

Stiletto