First post, by Qbix
- DOSBox Author
A new version has been released, with the focus on security:
- Fixed that a very long line inside a bat file would overflow the parsing buffer. (CVE-2019-7165 by Alexandre Bartel)
- Added a basic permission system so that a program running inside DOSBox can't access the contents of /proc (e.g. /proc/self/mem) when / or /proc were (to be) mounted.(CVE-2019-12594 by Alexandre Bartel)
- Several other fixes for out of bounds access and buffer overflows.
- Some fixes to the OpenGL rendering.
- Implement basic file access control for files available from within the emulation, so that programs running inside DOSBox can't access /proc (e.g. /proc/self/mem). (CVE-2019-12594)
- Unify unmounting code and add some protections against out of bound access when DOS_DRIVES is not 26.
- Use correct type for return value of strlen.
- Change scan3x to a bit brighter.
- Fix unitialized access to some isoDrive fields and improve stability when switching CD images.
- Small fix to hq3x.
- Fix 256 colour mode encoding in zmbv.dll.
- Some small aliassing fix.
- Change SET to check the size of the MCB when adding variables. Fixes hangs with Norton Commander.
- Check buffer length before doing tab completion.
- Correct buffer overflow with very long lines in bat files. (CVE-2019-7165)
- Correct the boundary check for the internal programs array.
- Increase stability in max cycles mode by increasing the lower bound.
- Fix command prompt in windows 3.11 with dynrec core.
- Fix Win64 dynrec core.
- Always clear buffers before drawing in OpenGL mode. Fixes artifacts with drivers that have more than 2 buffers and overlays.
- Fix red border that appeared when scaling the image in OpenGL mode with Nvidia on Linux and Mac.
- Change default output to opengl on Mac, as surface is very slow there in 64 bit.
- Add workaround for the mouse unlocking problem with X.org 1.20.1.
- Fix table access when USE_FULL_TLB is undefined (non-default configuration).
- Several fixes to prevent compilation errors.
- Update Visual studio file to fix missing files from 0.74-2.
In an ideal world 0.75 would have been released already, but some bugs took way longer than expected as well as real life demanding a lot of attention.
It's still being worked on.
Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!