VOGONS

First post, by Wdj2005

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Folks,
Looking for some help please... I finally got a CF card set up with Anydrive to boot my Compaq Contura 3/20, but then about a week later when I went to use it, the darned thing won't boot up anymore... the power immediately cuts off.
Here's the details:

If I disconnect the white ribbon cable to the screen assembly, it boots fine with an external VGA monitor... no problems at all.
If I remove L2 on the inverter board (see attached photo), which disconnects what appears to be a 32V power rail, and reattach the ribbon cable, it boots fine, the CCFL illuminates, and if I then short the L2 position the screen comes to life, and it boots ok.

This tells me there's either a bad voltage (what voltages should be present on the inverter board input?) or there's a delay circuit that's faulty?

I've re-capped all the aluminium electrolytic capacitors on the motherboard, the power board, and the inverter board to try and solve this problem, it's made no difference.

Grateful for any advice please. A thorough visual inspection has not highlighted anything obvious, and there was no sign of capacity related corrosion.

Attachments

• LCD board - 1.jpeg
    Filename
    LCD board - 1.jpeg
    File size
    58.5 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain