Reply 21 of 23, by idspispopd

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
soviet conscript wrote:
GeorgeMan wrote:

Even win98 does not recognize them actually! 😉

yhea, your choices before XP pro are rather limited for duel CPU. Windows NT seems to be the most prevalent choice. I think maybe some Linux? BEos... i hear theres a version of OS/2 server that supports it. though thats all only duel cpu's I don't know if it does duel cores, i assume it treats then the same.

and none of those are really great gaming OS's though I wonder how well OS/2 server would work with DOS games.

Actually I tried OS/2 Warp when it was current and ran one of the early Realms of Arkania games (VGA mode). It ran fine inside a Window with animation and sound.
I don't know how good Windows 95 would have been at the time. IIRC with Windows 9x it depends on the video driver (grabber component) if you could do this. AFAIR at this time I was using an S3 Trio64V+.

Reply 22 of 23, by soviet conscript

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Okay. to solve my hanging midi issue I have a audio excel ISA card. its a SB16 clone and full height so it can support a daughter board with no extra cable. let me know if I have the setup I need to do straight. install both cards and the drivers for both. make sure there resources are with both cards do not conflict via setting up in the software. run a cable from the audio excels line out to the sound blasters line in and plug my speakers into the sound blasters line in. enable the mixer for the sb16 via the software and...it should work?

Reply 23 of 23, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
idspispopd wrote:
soviet conscript wrote:
GeorgeMan wrote:

Even win98 does not recognize them actually! 😉

yhea, your choices before XP pro are rather limited for duel CPU. Windows NT seems to be the most prevalent choice. I think maybe some Linux? BEos... i hear theres a version of OS/2 server that supports it. though thats all only duel cpu's I don't know if it does duel cores, i assume it treats then the same.

and none of those are really great gaming OS's though I wonder how well OS/2 server would work with DOS games.

Actually I tried OS/2 Warp when it was current and ran one of the early Realms of Arkania games (VGA mode). It ran fine inside a Window with animation and sound.
I don't know how good Windows 95 would have been at the time. IIRC with Windows 9x it depends on the video driver (grabber component) if you could do this. AFAIR at this time I was using an S3 Trio64V+.

Windows 3 compatibility is good in OS/2.I never had an issue with anything back when I was still using it on my 486,