VOGONS

Reply 20 of 24, by loner.blinks

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Very nice build! The paint job looks pretty slick, what was your process for painting / what supplies did you use?

Reply 21 of 24, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SirNickity wrote on 2019-12-23, 20:13:

I used Win 95 on my DX2/66 back in the day. Aside from the fact that I had it shoehorned into 8MB of RAM for a while, it ran fine. I continued using it on my Cyrix 6x86, and then my Pentium II. I seem to remember WinPlay3 being able to play MP3s on the DX2, for whatever that matters.

My father used to run Win95 (RTM) on a 386DX40 with 16MiB of RAM, 3,5"/5,25" floppy drives, a streamer, a modem and two HDDs.
From what I remember, CPU performance was fair enough for the average (16/32-Bit) software of the day.
Win95 was demanding in terms of HDD and RAM, rather than pure horse power.
That being said, he was a programmer at the time, no gamer. 😀

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 22 of 24, by JSO

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
loner.blinks wrote on 2019-12-27, 16:03:

Very nice build! The paint job looks pretty slick, what was your process for painting / what supplies did you use?

I've cleaned all the plastics with dishwashing liquid and let them to dry.

Then I've used a spray with plastic primer based on water for all the plastic components I wanted to paint on a room temperature of 28+ degrees of Celcius (summer time in Greece back then).
I waited about two hours and then I painted the plastics with the color I wanted using a spray with the appropriate color and keeping a distance of about 30 cm from the plastic components.
I let all the painted components on the basement for about an hour and then I moved them on my balcony because the temperature was 32+ degrees of Celcius and about four hours later the job was done.

For the metal parts I only used spray color again from a distance of about 30 cm, only for the chassis I used black primer and no color.

I bought them on shop for car paint repairs.

DOS IS THE POWER OF OUR CHILDHOOD MEMORIES!

Reply 23 of 24, by loner.blinks

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Cool! Any plans to paint the PSU and the PCI slots or would that be overkill?

Reply 24 of 24, by JSO

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

No need for the PCI slots to be painted!

The PSU isn't so bad according to the rust.

But it's easy to paint it!

DOS IS THE POWER OF OUR CHILDHOOD MEMORIES!