VOGONS

post up pics of your "computing area"

Topic actions

Reply 641 of 2204, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
F2bnp wrote:

Probably one of the most badass setups I've ever seen. Congratulatiosn man!

Thanks!

badmojo wrote:

Jiminy Crickets, what an amazing setup! What's in all those cupboards? I must know!

Thanks man! I've been tinkering with the whole room for a few years now.

As for the cupboards, one side has my N64, PSP and Gameboy stuff, and another holds loose jewel case or DVD games. The fourth one is just full of boring peripheral boxes.

bG5NUa1.jpg

RJ4cTyb.jpg

Reply 642 of 2204, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Since you're a Blizzard buff like me, I've been wondering if there's a big box release of Frozen Throne. I've only seen the smaller form factor box release, the one you have. Have you ever seen one?

Reply 643 of 2204, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
F2bnp wrote:

Since you're a Blizzard buff like me, I've been wondering if there's a big box release of Frozen Throne. I've only seen the smaller form factor box release, the one you have. Have you ever seen one?

Funny you should say that... I thought I had one in the bag just this week. I saw what I thought was the big-box version of Frozen Throne in a seller's pictures, but it turned out to be the US version with the Undead box art instead of the Orc. Didn't end up buying that one (he had the expansion too, but in a DVD case).

Now that I've seen the alternative box art, I don't think there was actually a Frozen Throne big box.

Reply 645 of 2204, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
dexter311 wrote:
F2bnp wrote:

Funny you should say that... I thought I had one in the bag just this week. I saw what I thought was the big-box version of Frozen Throne in a seller's pictures, but it turned out to be the US version with the Undead box art instead of the Orc. Didn't end up buying that one (he had the expansion too, but in a DVD case).

Now that I've seen the alternative box art, I don't think there was actually a Frozen Throne big box.

That's too bad. 🙁

I also see that you own all of the classic Tomb Raider games. Been looking for the European release of Chronicles for some years now, but I only come across either the US one or just a DVD case. Any luck on that front?

Reply 646 of 2204, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
F2bnp wrote:

I also see that you own all of the classic Tomb Raider games. Been looking for the European release of Chronicles for some years now, but I only come across either the US one or just a DVD case. Any luck on that front?

Pretty sure that exists in box form. I've seen a Portuguese version in one of my many searches. Never come across one for sale though.

But yeah, those US trapezoidal boxes are pretty sweet!

Reply 650 of 2204, by spolon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
dexter311 wrote:

Here's where I do all of my computing!
There's a few more pics here too: http://imgur.com/a/pUYsw

Wow! Very cool. 😎
I particularly liked the room for two cpus on your table .
Because so many batteries? I came out cheaper than buying rechargeable ?
Uau! Muito legal. 😎
Gostei especialmente do espaço para duas cpus na sua mesa.
Porque tantas pilhas? Saí mais barato do que comprar recarregáveis?

Renan Spolon
www.muquiranas.com

Reply 651 of 2204, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
spolon wrote:

Wow! Very cool. 😎
I particularly liked the room for two cpus on your table .
Because so many batteries? I came out cheaper than buying rechargeable ?

Thanks! About the batteries... I mentioned to my wife that we need batteries, and she went ahead and ordered these two massive boxes of Duracells. At least they're decent ones! 🤣

Reply 652 of 2204, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Anyone got a pic of their work setup? We recently upgraded to dual 2560x1440 Dell UltraSharps (just in I.T 😈) and they're very easy on the eyes. The PC is a Lenovo ThinkCentre M83 SFF Pro Desktop with an i5 and 8GB RAM - nothing to write home about but good enough for Visual Studio, etc. What it really needs is an SSD.

IMG_0783_zpsrentuboh.jpg

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 653 of 2204, by ashbash

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

New member, here's some photos of my mancave:
RYiWU8nl.jpg
Gaming PC for early 2000s PC games and for light DOS gaming. Despite the fact it's not a dedicated DOS machine (I'll plan on building one at some other point), it surprisingly runs most DOS games I've tried with it fine, although I have DOSBox for a few troublesome games. Originally came from a school when I got it online, although I upgraded a bit to the following specs:

P4 at 2.40Ghz
512MB RAM
Geforce 3 Ti 200
Onboard A97 sound (ordered a Soundblaster Live! since it's rubbish for most games)
120GB HDD
DVD+CD drives (DVD drive is currently broken - waiting for replacement)

On the left of it, have my Amiga 1200 upgraded with an ACA1220 accelerator card, HxC floppy emulator and has an 8GB CF card as a HDD. It also has a CF card reader for transferring programs, secondary floppy drive and a serial to ps/2 converter for the mouse.

The C64 is vanilla, apart from having an SD2IEC for programs/playing SID files and a MSSIAH cart for music production. Also has a 1541 floppy drive for loading demos/games etc.

I've some old laptops for DOS gaming too, along with mucking about in general.

NPsa5Jfl.jpg
2MNf0zzl.jpg
My main gaming PC/music production workstation. Has the following specs:

AMD FX8320 overclocked to 4.2Ghz
Evo 212 cooler
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 RAM
Geforce GTX 760
240GB Samsung 840 SSD
2x 250GB, 2x 1TB and 1x 500GB HDDs
Tascam US122l
Phanteks Enthoo Pro case
Saitek X52 HOTAS (For Elite: Dangerous :D )
Yamaha HS50m studio monitors
AOC G2460P 144hz monitor
Myriad of hardware synths/samplers

Reply 654 of 2204, by ProfessorProfessorson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Main pc area with Xp and Win 7 computers:

2015-07-15%2020.12.01_zpsyc2cr3uj.jpg

Main gaming machines, original Xbox, a fully modded Snes Mini, a region modded Turbografx 16 with s-video mod paired with a Ten No Koe 2 Bank, Pc-Engine Duo with s-video mod run into a iScan Plus V2. iScan is run into a HP crt SVGA monitor with a Altec Lansing speaker set (subwoofer is floor firing and is not pictured):

2015-07-15%2020.13.56_zpspmcrrgje.jpg

2015-06-22%2001.08.42_zpstbzps5tb.jpg

Reply 657 of 2204, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've made a few changes to my computing area, so I thought I'd give a little update.

Sorry if the photo's are hard to make out, my camera really sucks. I don't know what's the problem with it but it never seems to get the colour right or the brightness. 😒

My main computer, a 3Ghz Core 2 Duo running Fedora Linux 21 in an unassuming case with unassuming peripherals. 😜

s1660016_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d91kh74.jpg

My other computer setup at the moment is my 1996 Packard Bell Platinum 55 which has been upgraded to have a real sound blaster 16, a Voodoo 2 pass through card, P200MMX CPU and 16MB of RAM. It's Running Windows 98SE and at the moment I took this photo (still am actually) I was using it to play an Audio CD-ROM of Vangelis - The City. 😁

s1660012_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d91kh20.jpg

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 658 of 2204, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
King_Corduroy wrote:
I've made a few changes to my computing area, so I thought I'd give a little update. […]
Show full quote

I've made a few changes to my computing area, so I thought I'd give a little update.

Sorry if the photo's are hard to make out, my camera really sucks. I don't know what's the problem with it but it never seems to get the colour right or the brightness. 😒

My main computer, a 3Ghz Core 2 Duo running Fedora Linux 21 in an unassuming case with unassuming peripherals. 😜

s1660016_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d91kh74.jpg

My other computer setup at the moment is my 1996 Packard Bell Platinum 55 which has been upgraded to have a real sound blaster 16, a Voodoo 2 pass through card, P200MMX CPU and 16MB of RAM. It's Running Windows 98SE and at the moment I took this photo (still am actually) I was using it to play an Audio CD-ROM of Vangelis - The City. 😁

s1660012_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d91kh20.jpg

And what's the model of that turntable above?

Reply 659 of 2204, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It is a Panasonic RD-7673D. Sounds really good but needs a new needle at this point. 🤣

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!