VOGONS

First post, by digitaldoofus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Haven't received it yet, but appears "like new" maybe even unused!

%21Brg%28YogBWk~%24%28KGrHqIH-DoEvC%2Bl-b%28zBLz8KvpqZQ~~_3%5B1%5D.jpg

Once you try retrogaming, you'll never go back...

Reply 1 of 9, by Mystery

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Very nice find! Seems to be in excellent condition.

Considering how rarely you see just the card for sale, I can't imagine when one of these will show up next.

And look, it even comes with Silpheed.

::42::

Reply 2 of 9, by digitaldoofus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks...I was amazed to find it up for sale as well! I've got an old flight sim I'm anxious to test it on: Stormovik: SU25 Soviet Attack Fighter. And Times of Lore too!

Reply 4 of 9, by Salient

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Awesome!

Could you do me a favour and make a photo of the box' front- and backside for me when it arrives?

MIDI comparison website: << Wavetable.nl >>
(Always) looking for: Any Wavetable daughterboard, MIDI Module (GM/GS/XG)

Reply 5 of 9, by digitaldoofus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

@Salient: Sure, no problem with the photos, when it arrives.

By the way, I've been meaning to ask: did the C/MS Software Library Catalog that you got with your C/MS Kit (chips) have a good list of games/apps that were designed for the C/MS?

Moby Games has such a list, but I doubt that it's anywhere near complete.

Reply 6 of 9, by digitaldoofus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Got this card in today, VERY happy with everything. Box, all docs, unused warranty card, software, etc, etc. The card looks like it's never been used. May have been a "new old stock" or else a card somebody bought and just put away for later use -- then forgotten about as its immediate obsolescence occurred. Here are a couple of box pics -- bad pics, I'm afraid. I was in a rush and just snapped off a couple that didn't turn out that well, so my apologies in advance.
P1000151.JPGP1000149.JPG

PS: Although I was tempted to just put it away as a "collection" piece, I couldn't resiste slipping it into my Tandy -- surprisingly nice music ensued as I listened to the tunes from Times of Lore, SU25 Stormovik, and the pack-in title Silpheed. Similar to the Tandy card sounds, but with a bit more "depth" and complexity -- and of course the stereo separation. All in all, though, it seems like the C/MS card's arrangements really followed the Tandy compositions very, very closely (too closely; a shame, given the C/MS card's greater abilities).

Reply 9 of 9, by Anonymous Freak

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So the CT-1300A I just got (see other thread about "double score") is advertised solely for music. Must have been from before they even thought of using it for games. The funniest part is the label on the back "ONLY US$195"

Mine has the complete box, including the manuals and software.