VOGONS

Reply 20 of 27, by sprcorreia

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You have an Anchorage board... Do you have any SCSI card and HDD around?

I so you could help me. I have an Anchorage board too. The problem is that when i put any SCSI card, it detects the HDD atached in it, but can never boot from it. Yours seems to be the "naked" version. Mine has ATI onboard and Yamaha sound with OPL4.

Edit: reading the entire thread. So it seems that you don't have SCSI drives... That's too bad (for me). 😉

Reply 21 of 27, by flupke11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No adaptec controller is complete without a SCSI drive, so I recently purchased an old 10k drive, which should be coming in this week.

I'll set up the TX and see if I can boot off a 29160.

Reply 22 of 27, by flupke11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sprcorreia,

the Intel LT430TX board I have is fitted with a 233MMX processor and 128 mB of EDO ram in Dimm. With a 29160 Adaptec card, it can boot from the scsi disk.

Attachments

• Filename
    1-IMG_0185.JPG
    File size
    140.45 KiB
    Downloads
    35 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    1-IMG_0189.JPG
    File size
    50.1 KiB
    Downloads
    37 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 23 of 27, by sprcorreia

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks! I have a 29160LP, i will try mine.

My board does recognize my Adapted AHA-2940UW and the SCSI drive, or the Promise SATA150 TX4 with a SATA drive, but fails the boot every time and when i press CRTL + A to enter Adaptec BIOS it does nothing. Odd...

Reply 25 of 27, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
m1so wrote:

Are these those that were basically Pentium II chips meant for Pentium Pro boards?

Yes.

What's even more interesting is that at least one upgrade company made an adapter to put socket 370 chips in socket 8 boards. I'm not sure if you can use them in multi-processor configs, though.

Reply 26 of 27, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
flupke11 wrote:

Mainboard is a Supermicro P3TDE-6. It's made for turning it into a SCSI monster, but I don't have SCSI drives, unfortunately.

You might want to post your dual Tualatin success story here,
Dual PIII-S Tualatin 1.4 GHz Success Stories

It would be nice to keep all the information together. I'll ask my question in that thread.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 27 of 27, by m1so

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sliderider wrote:
m1so wrote:

Are these those that were basically Pentium II chips meant for Pentium Pro boards?

Yes.

What's even more interesting is that at least one upgrade company made an adapter to put socket 370 chips in socket 8 boards. I'm not sure if you can use them in multi-processor configs, though.

Try Quake III on it. Yes, really. It runs quite OK on a dual Pentium Pro setup, considering the age of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK5QFySGpy4 .