Topic actions

Reply 61 of 65, by cdoublejj

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kithylin wrote:
cdoublejj wrote:

What we need is a VM software that supports full 3d acceleration for 98. it could even make some money. even cooler if supported all the things the the video cards mention the VOGONS wiki do/have.

VmWare Workstation version 8.x.x and newer all support full 3D Acceleration for Windows 98 SE, even up to the current release version 10.xx.xx. It's just not stable with all games, but it will run 3dmark 2000 & 2001se with no problems. I then tried Carmageddon 2 (original, not gog version) and it didn't work but I didn't test further.

it's not TRUE full 3d acceleration. look at Parallels for mac. it runs more than one os but, look at windows 7 and windows 8, THAT'S TRUE 3d acceleration. i could be wrong but, i'v been doing research in this area of 3daccleration with VMs and haven't found any thing that works so well other than parallels no matter the case it would be nice to have PROPER 3d accel for 98 so all games work.

Reply 64 of 65, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Iam going change this build to an Year 2000K build.... Decided to go on with windows ME and maybe win 2000 in dual boot.. Perhaps i will step back to windows 98 se if windows me will be an headache..
Thought going to use pentium 4 hardware, but later on i decided to go with athlon XP instead..

Soon i will refresh this page.. I think that an Athlon64 is just to much for this kind of build.. And if i would choose to go for athlon 64 i would go for the pci-express route instead..

Also i think its better to install windows xp on a much faster system to cover a whole period with one system that also will run windows vista in dual boot.. So vista will be the master OS and windows xp will be the slave OS.

Why iam not going to install win98se and winxp on same system is related on the memory size problems.. Windows 98 se will maximal accept 1GB of memory when modified some things..
Windows xp just can use a lot more memory like 3 or 4GB.. So i think the border line is between windows 2000 and windows xp.

This system will be used for game from pentium III 550mhz till the year 2002 - 2003 For everything better and faster i have two more systems here..

~ At least it can do black and white~