VOGONS

First post, by QBiN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's clean up time at my house. And I have a couple of systems (fully loaded) plus some parts that I may have to part with (though I don't want to).

We're talkin' a Super Socket7 system, a Slot1 system, Tualatin, a few dual proc motherboard (Socket8, Socket7, Slot1), and some related cards.

I don't want to get into specifics unless the interest is there. These have been my retro rig babies for a long time. So I just want them to find good homes or parted out for future retro projects. I'm looking for locals, because I don't have the time to package and ship everything up.

PM me if local + interested.

Reply 2 of 8, by QBiN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sorry quoth. I have family in town for a wedding and I've been busy. In your PM, you basically asked for a list of everything I have, and I don't have that prepared.

Honestly, I was expecting a little more specific interest from folks who have a deeper post history.

I have a couple of bites from folks who were looking for specific things. I'll try to compile a list and get back to you soon.

Reply 3 of 8, by quoth09

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

In re to what I asked about everything, you didn't need to post in the forum regarding anything about what I sent a PM about, except for that you would get back to me soon or some related.

As a whole, just forget about sending me a list, as I am no longer interested, since you care to try and make my post count a reason for anything; it should not matter if I am interested in what you are trying to unload, and honestly should not matter in any forum. Been lurking here for a long time, felt the need to sign up to contact you, so had to sign up.

Good luck with your sale or whatever you have going on here.

Reply 4 of 8, by ProfessorProfessorson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah got to admit, a guy with only 100 post, wanting to do local pick up only, is not really in the position to nitpick someone else's post count. Doing local pick up for cash, its not like you have anything to lose on a paypal non-delivery scam.

And if you really wanted references from buyers, you could have asked for it via pm, while also providing your own referrals (tit for tat). Last but not least, I thought there was a rule set in place here regarding sales threads not being allowed.
VOGONS is no marketplace!

For someone worried about someone else's forum activity and forum standing, he doesn't seem all that active himself if he doesn't know this relatively recent development involving a 4 page thread from Feb of this year.

Reply 5 of 8, by QBiN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ProfessorProfessorson wrote:
Yeah got to admit, a guy with only 100 post, wanting to do local pick up only, is not really in the position to nitpick someone […]
Show full quote

Yeah got to admit, a guy with only 100 post, wanting to do local pick up only, is not really in the position to nitpick someone else's post count. Doing local pick up for cash, its not like you have anything to lose on a paypal non-delivery scam.

And if you really wanted references from buyers, you could have asked for it via pm, while also providing your own referrals (tit for tat). Last but not least, I thought there was a rule set in place here regarding sales threads not being allowed.
VOGONS is no marketplace!

For someone worried about someone else's forum activity and forum standing, he doesn't seem all that active himself if he doesn't know this relatively recent development involving a 4 page thread from Feb of this year.

For your information, I'm not interested in money or selling any of it. Just giving it away to good homes. No cash, no paypal. So much for assumptions.

I wasn't judging quoth, but since you're sticking up for him, post count is important because I don't want to see rare hardware end up at an eWaste recycler and I don't have a lot of time to waste. There is no ulterior or profit motive here. You're right; I'm not looking for lurkers interested in a quick score. I'm interested in helping out those on the forum who are contributing to the community with hardware that I've cared for, for years... much the same way people helped me when I became active here years ago.

The biggest shame for many of us is to see this stuff scrapped. You'll have to forgive me if I'm protective of this hardware I'm preparing to give away.

Reply 6 of 8, by ProfessorProfessorson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I didn't assume anything, you never flat out said this stuff was "FREE IN DALLAS!!!", did you? And I can tell you this much, Quoth would not have just dumped the stuff or sold it for profit, I know the guy personally, he is the one who showed me this forum, and I am the one who gave him the link to your thread, so really the only one going around making assumptions about anyone is you. For all you know he is a 3rd party trying to help get the stuff for a active member since he was local in your area. You really don't know, do you? Thats because your too busy nit picking people via your hidden qualifications list. Either way, you plan to give things away totally for free, advertise them as such.

You state you will have a list ready when there is interest, well, evidently due to what you said, there is clearly interest, and you did not, because of some form of incompetence plaguing you maybe? Regardless of that, if you had intentions to exclude certain members for any reason, you should also have stated the such instead of just stating "So I just want them to find good homes or parted out for future retro projects. I'm looking for locals, because I don't have the time to package and ship everything up.PM me if local + interested".

As far as I can see, from your initial post, Quoth qualified, being local, interested, and able to put the stuff to good use. But since you evidently have a hidden list of qualifications also, no actual detailed list of items, and don't know what the meaning of "private message" actually means, maybe you need to rethink the thread and reword it. Maybe it could read like the following :

"FREE OLD STUFF IN DALLAS"
"Got free old stuff. Local pick up only, it is free, I have no idea what all it is, I cant really say, I have no idea, maybe I will tell you later. Its free. Also, you have to have posted a bunch. If you didn't post a bunch you cant have my free stuff maybe, and I may never reply back to you evah. Did I mention I don't know what all I have yet? Also, be aware that any private messages you send to me I may never reply to directly, but I will freely and publicly post about, because I clearly don't know what private means. Did I mention its free?"

Either way, good luck with whatever this is you call a giveaway.