Reply 20 of 23, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
SquallStrife wrote:
feipoa wrote:

Is it all cached?

I guess so? Hold on I'll run cachechk and see.

It occurred to me that I don't quite know how to interpret cachechk or speedsys results. 🙁

All I ever used them for was to verify that cache existed on 486 boards!

eeYmb.png

Edit:

iulianv wrote:

It should be - the manual says that "the mainboard has an 11 bit tag built on board so cachability of main memory is to 512MB.'

Now, what would really look nice is identical HSFs 😉...

So it does! Nice!

And yes, that would look rad, but capacitors and stuff would prevent the Socket 370 cooler from fitting on the left slot! 🙁

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 21 of 23, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It occurred to me that I don't quite know how to interpret cachechk or speedsys results

CACHECHK will tell you if not all your memory is cached - it'll say something like 'not all of your memory is cached'
I forget the exact wording but it makes it pretty obvious.

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 22 of 23, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DonutKing wrote:

It occurred to me that I don't quite know how to interpret cachechk or speedsys results

CACHECHK will tell you if not all your memory is cached - it'll say something like 'not all of your memory is cached'
I forget the exact wording but it makes it pretty obvious.

OK, I figured it might, but I'd never seen it before. Just the usual numbers-type results, and "FAKE CACHE! PC CHIPS DETECTED! DANGER WILL ROBINSON!"

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 23 of 23, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SquallStrife wrote:

I guess so? Hold on I'll run cachechk and see.

Cachechk won't tell you how much of your RAM can be cached. You need to run the second edition of CTCM. I have it titled CTCM7.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.