VOGONS

First post, by ProfessorProfessorson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Original build can be found here:
Athlon 64 Windows XP machine

Not that I was terribly unhappy with the prior build, it did feel just cluttered together, and it really was not thought out at all. Going back to the drawing board, I realized I was fine with the motherboard and cpu, but wanted a faster graphics card in there. That in itself was going to require a better power supply. I also wanted to put my Audegy SE to use. The case originally used was a salvage case that wasn't terrible by any means, and kept stuff cool, but I wanted a larger one that felt more period correct for XP stuff. SO I waited and gathered parts. I went with Chen Ming since I came across one of their cases last week and the inner parts were interchangeable with the Antec I had that was in a tad rough shape.

Specs are as follows:
Athlon 64 3800+ 939
MSI MS-7184 micro atx motherboard
2gb DDR ram in dual channel
DVD drive
Cd drive
two 80GB sata harddrives
one 120GB ide harddrive
Sapphire X1950XT
SoundBlaster Audegy Se
Thermaltake TR2 RX 450 watt
five 80mm case fans (one in bottom harddrive cage)

DSCN4671-1.jpg

DSCN4672-1.jpg

DSCN4679.jpg

DSCN4681.jpg

DSCN4682.jpg

EDIT: Whats the best way to christen your new Athlon 64 build? Outrun 2006 you dingus.

outrun2006.jpg

Reply 1 of 2, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Holy shit, I have that same case! It currently has a half-completed dual-Coppermine build inside it...

Nice build, very similar to what I had "back in the day". 😀

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 2 of 2, by Chewhacca

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Those Antec cases were great. I really wish I had kept mine. Its power supply still powers my Tualatin rig 8 years on. 😁

Also working on my own 939 rig as well. Just waiting for the case to arrive.