VOGONS

First post, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I use a little 2gb drive to benchmark systems that I put together, its easier than a floppy drive and I have a ide<>USB adapter I got from china for like $5. Long story short, I left it plugged in and rebooted, and on a whim I wondered just how it would fare.

to be honest, i didn't think it would work, but aparently it does. Everything goes off the scale but it works!

hH88m.jpg

also that hard drive score was for my SSD raid. 😜

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 1 of 4, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Mine hangs on "Read MSRs"... 🙁

It's a Core i5 2400 on a Z68-based motherboard. The UEFI-BIOS-emulation is probably tripping it up! 😜

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 2 of 4, by FGB

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SquallStrife wrote:

It's a Core i5 2400 on a Z68-based motherboard. The UEFI-BIOS-emulation is probably tripping it up! 😜

Just run "speedsys /sp" to bypass the PnP detection. Should work afterwards.

But I think the CPU scores may not be comparable with the OLD CPU's. The scores are so far away in an uncalibrated range. The last calibrated reference point is a K7 Athlon @1400MHz.

www.AmoRetro.de Visit my huge hardware gallery with many historic items from 16MHz 286 to 1000MHz Slot A. Includes more than 80 soundcards and a growing Wavetable Recording section with more than 300 recordings.

Reply 3 of 4, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
FGB wrote:
SquallStrife wrote:

But I think the CPU scores may not be comparable with the OLD CPU's. The scores are so far away in an uncalibrated range. The last calibrated reference point is a K7 Athlon @1400MHz.

Also, that score is for ONE core, I have a total of twelve! 🤣 I was just entertained it would even run!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 4 of 4, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
FGB wrote:
SquallStrife wrote:

Sadly, "Read MSRs" still happens with that switch.

Ah well. 😀

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread