Reply 1 of 17, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cdoublejj wrote:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1445065/got-this-f … the-recycle-bin

The messed up part that isn't the first or last time this has happened. 🤣

Nice read thanks, I just wish Vogons would open a new tab instead of taking me there, when I closed the tab is when I noticed Vogons was missing, DOH....

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 2 of 17, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If that was your thread then give up on bitcoin unless you got several thousand to spend on a decent asic setup. GPU mining is almost dead and cpu mining has been dead for years.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 4 of 17, by Unknown_K

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It is a cool system, if you have a use for it. Wonder how bad the power draw is.

Collector of old computers, hardware, and software

Reply 5 of 17, by Skyscraper

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That is the best dumpster find I have ever seen.

The powerdraw with two E5620 wll be "low". Not much more than a normal single CPU s1366 system.
I have two e5620s in my spare SR-2.
I like the dual socket 1366 setup so much that I had to have a spare motherboard 😀 I got the E5620s "free" with the board.

Even at stock speed those 2.4 ghz (2.53 all cores turbo) cpus will run all games perfectly.

New PC: i9 12900K @5GHz all cores @1.2v. MSI PRO Z690-A. 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14. 3070Ti.
Old PC: Dual Xeon X5690@4.6GHz, EVGA SR-2, 48GB DDR3R@2000MHz, Intel X25-M. GTX 980ti.
Older PC: K6-3+ 400@600MHz, PC-Chips M577, 256MB SDRAM, AWE64, Voodoo Banshee.

Reply 7 of 17, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DonutKing wrote:

Good thing you saved it, otherwise this might have happened to it

Gross, I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 9 of 17, by NJRoadfan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DonutKing wrote:
Good thing you saved it, otherwise this might have happened to it […]
Show full quote

Good thing you saved it, otherwise this might have happened to it

V5pELRJ.gif

Just pretend its one of those evil PC Chips/ECS boards that never worked right..... and/or a Pentium 4. There is plenty of crap to send to the crusher.

Reply 10 of 17, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If you guys liked that, there's a whole video of it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvBOUy9E5Qw

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 12 of 17, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DonutKing wrote:

If you guys liked that, there's a whole video of it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvBOUy9E5Qw

Notice how they disabled the comments...

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 13 of 17, by JaNoZ

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I saw the youtube movie, 1st my heart stopped a fraction.
But the PC is not old enough and this will eventually make our own stuff be more valuable.
Has a hard time on laptops though.

Might you want to fill you pc case and disguise them with hard stone bricks inside to make the shredder break or big lumps of blunt metal.

Still wondering what mobo setup and vga would have been in there and if one of those guys jumped in there themselves if they would be fractured like the pc pieces that came out 😉

Reply 14 of 17, by cdoublejj

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

yeah definitely not messing with bitcoin, it's too confusing anyways. Internet usage is far more concerning than power draw, since i keep it at computer shop. Stupid internet caps.

so far i'm just using it for, MineCraft, Tekkit Classic, Terraria and Team Speak 3. Where my old server was running at almost full load, this one barley taps out at 6%. 🤣 😈

Reply 15 of 17, by Half-Saint

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I still don't get it why people bother with gold recovery? I was under the impression that it didn't pay out unless you operated with tons of equipment.

b15z33-2.png
f425xp-6.png

Reply 16 of 17, by cdoublejj

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

no idea, though from i what i understand scrapers get paid for the gold scrap and it all gets sent to a place that does nothing but, gold recovery.

Reply 17 of 17, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Half-Saint wrote:

I still don't get it why people bother with gold recovery? I was under the impression that it didn't pay out unless you operated with tons of equipment.

It doesn't pay unless done on an industrial scale and can be dangerous without proper safety precautions but some people are too stupid to understand that.