VOGONS

Reply 20 of 26, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
b_rros wrote:
I really don't know, this is an old Olivetti keyboard, I really like the sound that the keys make although the space key is a li […]
Show full quote

I really don't know, this is an old Olivetti keyboard, I really like the sound that the keys make although the space key is a little flakey 😀
Here's the sticker on the bottom:

zd6t.jpg

Looks a lot like the keyboard from my AT&T 6300.

Reply 21 of 26, by Half-Saint

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That keyboard was almost certainly manufactured by Cherry (Made in Germany -hint hint). Would you care to remove one keycap and take a picture of what's beneath? Keyboards are my obsession 😉

b15z33-2.png
f425xp-6.png

Reply 22 of 26, by Darkman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

if you can add in a Voodoo 1 or 2 , it should be a good PC to play games like Quake , Hexen II , Grim Fandango , Diablo , Starcraft, Tiberian Sun , maybe even some later stuff like Zeus Master of Olympus.

Quake 2 , Half Life , Unreal or above would be too sluggish, as those games kind of require a PII to really shine (or at the very least a 200Mhz MMX)

it would also be a good PC for 90s DOS games (and quite a few 80s games would work fine too) , though I would add an ISA Sound Blaster (AWE64 or AWE32 would be best) card in that case.

Reply 23 of 26, by b_rros

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Half-Saint wrote:

That keyboard was almost certainly manufactured by Cherry (Made in Germany -hint hint). Would you care to remove one keycap and take a picture of what's beneath? Keyboards are my obsession 😉

Sure, as soon as I get home I will do it 😀

Reply 24 of 26, by b_rros

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Darkman wrote:

if you can add in a Voodoo 1 or 2 , it should be a good PC to play games like Quake , Hexen II , Grim Fandango , Diablo , Starcraft, Tiberian Sun , maybe even some later stuff like Zeus Master of Olympus.

Quake 2 , Half Life , Unreal or above would be too sluggish, as those games kind of require a PII to really shine (or at the very least a 200Mhz MMX)

it would also be a good PC for 90s DOS games (and quite a few 80s games would work fine too) , though I would add an ISA Sound Blaster (AWE64 or AWE32 would be best) card in that case.

I already bought an ISA AWE64 Gold and a Matrox Mystique 220 from eBay (I'm waiting for them to arrive), I have a Pentium 166 MHz MMX "under surveillance" 😀 and I'm trying to buy a Voodoo2 Creative CT6670, it's only 8 MB not the 12 MB that I wanted but it's really cheap.
Oh! And looks like I will be able to buy a Plextor CD Writer to... I (almost) have the machine that I wanted to have back then...

After that there's only one thing missing... this. 😜

Reply 26 of 26, by Half-Saint

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Is it me or is the lettering blue? That's a Cherry keyboard alright.. could tell from the label (G81-3000) and the switches are linear MY type. Pretty sucky compared to MX 😁

b15z33-2.png
f425xp-6.png