VOGONS

First post, by PcBytes

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thought I might as well show it here. It's a Compaq Armada E500 I got for cheap (10RON) along with a Canon adapter (seriously...)that had two outputs,both rated at 13v 1.8A each,while the laptop was rated at 18v 2.5A. Oh boy.

Anyways not really powerful but it's quite fast. 650MHz Pentium III (Mobile Coppermine core), ATI Rage LT/ Rage Mobility P/M GPU (dunno how much mem shared...),20GB Travelstar HDD (works fine,no problems),TEAC CD-ROM,ESS Maestro ZE soundcard,and running Windows 98 SE w/KernelEX. By the way, the speakers on this laptop are true masterpieces. Seriously,Ive used laptops in my life but this is just awesome. Even the bass sounds good on it.

And for now,I'll just leave a photo of it here,playing NFS Porsche 2000.

Attachments

"Enter at your own peril, past the bolted door..."
Main PC: i5 3470, GB B75M-D3H, 16GB RAM, 2x1TB
98SE : P3 650, Soyo SY-6BA+IV, 384MB RAM, 80GB

Reply 1 of 2, by Scraphoarder

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Reminds of the Armada M700 that looked almost similar except it was slimmer. I think we had one E500 amongst 100+ M700 and M300 that sadly went to recycling two years ago after been stored for several years. Last year just as many Compaq EVO N600c saw the same fate 😵 Luckily i saved a couple of them.
Wonderful machines of its days.

Reply 2 of 2, by PcBytes

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Scraphoarder wrote:

Reminds of the Armada M700 that looked almost similar except it was slimmer. I think we had one E500 amongst 100+ M700 and M300 that sadly went to recycling two years ago after been stored for several years. Last year just as many Compaq EVO N600c saw the same fate 😵 Luckily i saved a couple of them.
Wonderful machines of its days.

Yeah. This machine is pretty wonderful,apart from a dud CR2016 battery (which I think I might have a replacement CR2032 for from a PS2 slim) and the GPU is pretty good. I actually got some games on it: Beetle Crazy Cup,Need For Speed Porsche 2000,Need For Speed 2 (non-SE version),Abe's Oddysee and Carmageddon 1. 😁

"Enter at your own peril, past the bolted door..."
Main PC: i5 3470, GB B75M-D3H, 16GB RAM, 2x1TB
98SE : P3 650, Soyo SY-6BA+IV, 384MB RAM, 80GB