VOGONS

WIP: No dollar unspent dual tualatin build.

Topic actions

Reply 100 of 103, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I nominate the 3.8ghz; www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Xeon/Intel-Xeon% ... 00FA).html

Am I thinking you have an ASus NCT-D? I had that board during the transition from AGP to PCI-E. The processors I still own, they are running right now 5 feet from me in my file server. But i'm using a far superior board: http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboar … 25/X6DA8-G2.cfm

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 101 of 103, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

Yep your right on the board. I have a pare of SL8P2 I'll use. That board you linked looks amazing, think if one were to put a set of 7950Gx2 in it 😈

Edit:
Fixed the crashing problem when the system was left to idle over night
Disabling all powering saving options fixed that. I'll do all the benching tonight. and get good photos of the system.

EDIT:2
I got the 604 board back last night.
Looks like my buddy that had the board did a number to it. I told him not to push past 4ghz with a high end pcie video card. He over loaded the cpu 4p connector, but luckily everything but the connector is good, they can be easily fix. He told me he was trying to get 5ghz out of my two 3.6ghz CPUs with a 9800gt eco. He hit 4.6ghz stable, or so I'm told. That had to run be hot.

Anyway if I can't get the Piii system working 100% right/stable I'll part it out and go without the 2 voodoo's and the AWE64 gold and use the 604 system. I'd hate to lose the AWE, but I much rather have a stable system.

Reply 103 of 103, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
luckybob wrote:

You can hit 5ghz, it just takes a phase change system to do it.

I had mine under water, no issues there.

Yeah, but he was useing air cooling. I pulled the sinks off the 3.6ghz cpus and the copper got so hot it discolored. How this platform can take so much heat and abuse is beyond me. It's still working grate too.

Anyway. I'm close to ending this build. I would have kept it if I did not get my 604 motherboard back. But damn 604 setup are so reliable I can't say no.