VOGONS

Reply 21 of 24, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SirNickity wrote on 2019-12-23, 20:13:

I used Win 95 on my DX2/66 back in the day. Aside from the fact that I had it shoehorned into 8MB of RAM for a while, it ran fine. I continued using it on my Cyrix 6x86, and then my Pentium II. I seem to remember WinPlay3 being able to play MP3s on the DX2, for whatever that matters.

My father used to run Win95 (RTM) on a 386DX40 with 16MiB of RAM, 3,5"/5,25" floppy drives, a streamer, a modem and two HDDs.
From what I remember, CPU performance was fair enough for the average (16/32-Bit) software of the day.
Win95 was demanding in terms of HDD and RAM, rather than pure horse power.
That being said, he was a programmer at the time, no gamer. 😀

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 22 of 24, by JSO

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
loner.blinks wrote on 2019-12-27, 16:03:

Very nice build! The paint job looks pretty slick, what was your process for painting / what supplies did you use?

I've cleaned all the plastics with dishwashing liquid and let them to dry.

Then I've used a spray with plastic primer based on water for all the plastic components I wanted to paint on a room temperature of 28+ degrees of Celcius (summer time in Greece back then).
I waited about two hours and then I painted the plastics with the color I wanted using a spray with the appropriate color and keeping a distance of about 30 cm from the plastic components.
I let all the painted components on the basement for about an hour and then I moved them on my balcony because the temperature was 32+ degrees of Celcius and about four hours later the job was done.

For the metal parts I only used spray color again from a distance of about 30 cm, only for the chassis I used black primer and no color.

I bought them on shop for car paint repairs.

DOS IS THE POWER OF OUR CHILDHOOD MEMORIES!