VOGONS

Working on a water cooled Athlon system.

Topic actions

Reply 61 of 64, by austinham

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm still working on this PC. But I been spending more time in a project car and it's been back burnered. I striped another older PC for a few spare parts and a bulk storage HDD. I still been looking for a era correct pump too.

Last edited by Snover on 2021-01-29, 01:46. Edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Restoring revision 36065

Reply 62 of 64, by austinham

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I chose to cut a few corners to get the system done sooner then latter. I'll be useing just two 80mm rads witch I hope wasn't a bad idea.
I'll still have two loops, one for just the CPU and one for the gpu and chipset.
I did find that even with a 120mm intake fan, the front cover is far to restricting of air flow so I'll need to address that. I'll probably cut a notch out of the button of the bezel for the fan to suck air in from like many cases have.

I'll also need to get a longer flat IDE cable for the DVD drive and maybe a longer FDD cable too. I'll also need to fix the motherboard try. It's a little off center and crooked.

I also completely forgot about running a cable for the pumps and still need to do some cable management. But that will have to wait until I get a pair of pumps.

Last edited by Snover on 2021-01-29, 01:46. Edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Restoring revision 36064

Reply 63 of 64, by austinham

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Going thought my parts I found a old swiftech micro reservoir rev2. A little new for the system so we will pretend its the older version from 2006.
I only had one so the 2 loops will have to share the reservoir.
I also found why the mother board try was at a angle, the motherboard try bracket I made was about a 16th of an inch short. Luckily a spacer shim under the bracket will fix that.

Last edited by Snover on 2021-01-29, 01:45. Edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Restoring revision 36062