VOGONS

First post, by jwoods

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just got myself an Amstrad PC5286HD Although I had one as a kid.

Basic cleaning, repairing and making-useful type of job to amuse me during these coronatimes.

Thought I'd post a link to my log here, as there is very little content for this machine out there. Plus I'm quite sure I'll be hitting you guys up for help when I start hitting brick walls. 😀

https://pc5286hd.tumblr.com/tagged/pc5286hd/chrono

... massive WiP obvs, but thought I'd get the ball rolling here anyway.

0CA72393-F4A3-441B-A12D-18A46CED5783.jpeg
Filename
0CA72393-F4A3-441B-A12D-18A46CED5783.jpeg
File size
570.1 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 1 of 1, by tomlankester

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I've just bought an Amstrad PC5286HD along with all its original peripherals (except the non-beige speakers so no big loss).

The PC is non-functional and I believe the PSU is faulty and will need repairing or replacing however I cannot figure out how to disassemble the unit to remove the PSU and open it up. The one YouTube video I can find for this unit doesn't show the process for removing the PSU/drive chassis but just states that it's four screws that need removing. As it sounds like you've done some good restoration work on your unit I'd appreciate if you could give me some tips on how to remove this part of the PC to gain access to the PSU.

Here's a pic of how it looks currently sat on top of the tumble drier just waiting to play Lemmings in all its VGA and Adlib glory soon hopefully! Also one of the open case for further advice on disassembly.

Many thanks,

Tom

Attachments