VOGONS

My Dream Pentium MMX Build

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 40 of 46, by starcube

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired
austinham wrote on 2020-05-29, 16:35:

Their OPs photos, if want tot take them down he can. if anyone is butt hurt over that why not save them next time?
I'm not trying to be rude here, but there are better things to get worked up over.

Could not have said it better. Certain people seem to get easily offended at my decision to take down my own pictures as if they were entitled to them somehow?

Reply 41 of 46, by austinham

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
starcube wrote on 2020-05-29, 16:39:

Their OPs photos, if want tot take them down he can. if anyone is butt hurt over that why not save them next time?
I'm not trying to be rude here, but there are better things to get worked up over.

Could not have said it better. Certain people seem to get easily offended at my decision to take down my own pictures as if they were entitled to them somehow?

I agree, that being said you might want to conciser re doing the OP to be more non photo friendly, like taking down the links to the no longer available photos.
But that's just me.

Reply 42 of 46, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
starcube wrote on 2020-05-29, 16:39:

of course you can if you want to, I mean it's a pity they're gone, I like looking at old machines, not only for entertainment, but also just for looking what other people are building.
doesn't necessarily mean I agree with your reasoning, and can understand someone questioning that, having an opinion on something doesn't mean one is offended, that word gets used so loosely nowadays and that's not really what it means imho.

and no, you don't have to justify yourself at all, but at the same time you shouldn't be surprised when people question what is going on.

Reply 43 of 46, by starcube

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired
austinham wrote on 2020-05-29, 16:45:

I agree, that being said you might want to conciser re doing the OP to be more non photo friendly, like taking down the links to the no longer available photos.
But that's just me.

I tried, but the site will not let me edit my posts for some reason.

When I try to edit the OP, I get "You cannot edit posts in this forum."

I asked the admins to clear the OPs, still waiting on that.

Reply 44 of 46, by starcube

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired
imi wrote on 2020-05-29, 16:47:

of course you can if you want to, I mean it's a pity they're gone, I like looking at old machines, not only for entertainment, but also just for looking what other people are building.
doesn't necessarily mean I agree with your reasoning, and can understand someone questioning that, having an opinion on something doesn't mean one is offended, that word gets used so loosely nowadays and that's not really what it means imho.

and no, you don't have to justify yourself at all, but at the same time you shouldn't be surprised when people question what is going on.

I agree with you and I know it looks weird, but I have my reasons. I just don't like leaving my stuff up on the Internet.

So yes, I'm crazy, but that's none of anyone's business.