VOGONS

Reply 40 of 42, by rasteri

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Looks like only change was the input cap, shouldn't make a difference.

The default BIOS settings work for me, I assume your SoM has the same BIOS as me.

There looks to be a slightly concerning blob of solder between C6 and C31?

Also perhaps clean flux from around crystal, sometimes they can be finicky.

I guess double check your SoM soldering on the ISA lines as you say.

EDIT : oh and actually, you said your voltage was like 4.7 - try getting it closer to 5v. Use a different supply or cable. Possibly the crystal chip doesn't like the lower voltage.

Reply 41 of 42, by Mu0n

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

C6 and c31 are not continuous.

I was using a front desktop PC USB 2 port for power to get 4.7 V. After using a dedicated wall socket adapter (5 v, 1A), I'm getting 4.93 V and... still no cigar.

I'll be the proud owner of a hot air gun and more crystal chips within 5-6 days....

Another problem to solve: rework the ps2 splitter cable I got (I have such bad luck with adapter cables). Do you happen to have the exact pinout needed? Even the keyboard plugged into the keyboard split will not be recognized.

Reply 42 of 42, by rasteri

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Mu0n wrote on 2021-06-08, 17:55:

Another problem to solve: rework the ps2 splitter cable I got (I have such bad luck with adapter cables). Do you happen to have the exact pinout needed? Even the keyboard plugged into the keyboard split will not be recognized.

The pinout is in the schematic on Circuitmaker. Some splitters have the mouse and keyboard inputs switched from my design. Try plugging the keyboard into the mouse input and vice versa.

Good luck with the hot air rework, hopefully that fixes it.