First post, by Intel486dx33
I am going to attempt to build a German theme 486 computer with as many German components as I can find. No reason why, just to see what I end up with. But I like German engineering too.
Can you HELP with recommendations ?
Current list of components:
Motherboard - Contaq chipset motherboard
Memory - Siemens
Cache - ????
CPU - 486dx-33/50/75 ( Intel )
Video card - ELSA or Speva ????
Controller - VLB ?????
1st Sound Card - Terratec Base-1
2nd Sound card - Crystal , Opti, OPL3 chipset
Case - ?????
Atrend 4GPV3 486 VESA Motherboard
( A.K.A. - VLB Galaxy 486V1 )
( A.K.A - MB-486-CONTAQ 012093 U4L2-0 )
( A.K.A. - Mecer B860 )
- BIOS ID string X0-0100-001117-00101111-060692-CTQ596-F
- 8-30 pin SIMM slots (1-128meg FPM DRAM)
- 2-32bit VESA Local Bus slots
- 8-16bit ISA slots
- 64-256k cache support in 8-28pin sockets + 1 TAG RAM sockets
- AMI/Award/MR Bios
- CONTAQ (German) 82C596 A Chipset
- Supports the following cpu's at 25/33/40/50/66MHz
INTEL 80486SX/80486DX/80486DX2, P24C, P24T
CYRIX CX486M6, CX486M7
- Green PC Connector
- Manufactured by: Atrend Technology Co. Ltd. or VisionEx + CTL corp. USA 1993
Actually, This motherboard was branded by several USA companies including: Atrend, Mecer, and VisionEx.